Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
4 registered (Cthulhu, 3 invisible), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63225 Topics
442118 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#440548 - 07/10/13 09:40 AM Re: Out at 60 [Re: Kadin]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Hey (((( Spider )))),

First welcome to MS. It's sad enough that you had to end up here but you will find brothers for life and enough resources to straighten out (no pun intended). As for any other hidden agendas there is plenty of time to start moving on them. You don't have to stay in the closet if you don't want to. So a big hug for outing yourself grin.

Be well and heal, enjoy the fresh air of your coming out journey.

Peace, Rainbows, Love & Healing
Jeff

Stick around, It will get better....

#440610 - 07/10/13 10:32 PM Re: Out at 60 [Re: Kadin]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Howdy, Kadin.

Welcome to MS, where you will recieve compassion, understanding, hope & love, from your fraternal brothers.

Better late than never my fraternal brother. I was born Gay & hated. I never had any feelings for girls in my youth. I viewed my boyhood male friends a bit different than they viewed me.
Perhaps they had already had me figured out. Their parents accepted me for who & what i was.

In an orphanage/Home i fell in love with another gay boy there. We both were experiencing what genuine, clean, pure & innocent love was all about, unconditionally. We both were between 10-14 years there together for 4 years.

Later, on my 17th birthday i went into the Air Force & kept myself in the closet for 70 years. I even got married (still legally am for 40 years) raised a family & have grand kids.

I finally came out of the closet at a WoR at Alta, Utah in '09.
So, we finally come out from the closet at various times in our lives, start a new life. Into the fresh air, as our brother, Jeff mentioned.

Hoping that we all find new happiness in our lives, not only in healing but in love too.

Heal well, my brothers, heal well.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and I will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity." As he is me.
Pete..Irishmoose.
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#442676 - 07/30/13 08:47 PM Re: Out at 60 [Re: Kadin]
Ever-fixed Mark Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Welcome out, Kadin,

Being your authentic self is it's own reward and it is an act that's about your life and how you will live it.

Despite that, let me say thank you on behalf of the gay, lesbian, bi, and trans kids who are growing up right now. Your decision to come out and live your truth in your life paves the way for their lives to be easier. I call that an act of caring and bravery - both for you and for them.

-efm

Everybody here's got a story to tell
Everybody's been through their own hell
There's nothing too special about getting hurt
Getting over it, that takes the work

- "Duck and Cover" by Glen Phillips

#442842 - 07/31/13 11:07 PM Re: Out at 60 [Re: SPIDER]
Kadin Offline

Thank you all for these responses.

Originally Posted By: SPIDER
I do feel like saying what's the use?

I do want to respond to the "what's the use" line here. I felt that way. Felt like I wasted my life and would just spend the rest of my life alone. I mean I am 61. Then I met my boyfriend in March. I never really thought this would happen but we are just so compatible. We talk on the phone for hours every night. We are just like totally in love. We live 4 hours away from each other but have spent several weekends and days together here and there. I sometimes find myself feeling 16 not 61. It has been a totally unexpected development in my life but so welcome. I've never felt this way before. We even finish each others sentences. So don't give up. That guy that may adore you could be out there looking for you right now.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.