Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
4 registered (Ocellaris, Obi, fhorns, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63369 Topics
443110 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#442704 - 07/30/13 11:54 PM The Challenge
csasurvivor1992 Offline

Loc: Texas
As it were... I am now connected and looking through a new lens free from abuse, though still likely shaded by therapy. It is a bright new day and at times overwhelming.

I sometimes go to chick fil a after group. Had a run tonight and only a smoothie afterwards before group started. I almost stopped at chick fil a on my way home. But I didn't. I thoroughly enjoy the flavor of that perfect chicken sandwich... "Would you like any condiments?" 'Um, NO! You already made it perfect!'
-it takes a lot for me to say no to cfa

Before I was just disconnected, on autopilot. Just in a trance...

I said no because it costs money, which I have, and causes heartburn (was just diagnosed with GERD). I thought about why I wanted it and made a choice for savings (both money and heartburn).

Living in truth, where I can be real about my abuse and supported in doing so has been revolutionary. And sad. It has caused me to rethink EVERY decision I've ever made... And the foundation on which I made them. The "why's" of my life have caused the cries of my life. Everything I thought I knew has been turned on its head.

And then the challenge came... Am I willing to put my beliefs under a microscope, to possibly change my conclusions I've made so far in life? I believe I have to in order to experience a fuller life.

Challenge accepted.

Edited by csasurvivor1992 (07/30/13 11:57 PM)

#442710 - 07/31/13 12:35 AM Re: The Challenge [Re: csasurvivor1992]
csasurvivor1992 Offline

Loc: Texas
It's not that I can't

It's that I don't believe I can

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.