Newest Members
Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2
12503 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, Damian1974, lapchinj), 83 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12503 Members
74 Forums
64194 Topics
447970 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#442620 - 07/30/13 12:22 PM Re: Do I have to decide between God and Therapy? [Re: Halibut]
Lenny Offline

Loc: Kansas
Great point Halibut about how we go to the doctor for a broken leg or illness and we don't give it a second thought. I never have prayed asking God if I am to go the doctor when I am not feeling good. The Trinity loves us so much that they want to work within our good and bad choices to bring us to be our best in this broken world.
Originally Posted By: Halibut
Hi Buzz,

Like Army I too work for the Church, I'm a priest. If you broke you leg you'd go to a doctor, if you had a heart attack you'd call the ambulance. God works through the medical people as well as through prayer. It would be irresponsible for us to rely on God to fix our leg when there are doctor's available. Please continue therapy. It was tremendously helpful for me, though difficult. I've had several surgeries and evey one of them involved pai and then the pain of rehabbing and physical therapy...it's the same with the pain of CSA.God will give you what you need as you need it:to speak the unspoken which needs to come out for it is true and only in the daylight can be recognized and healed.

Blessings,

Frank

#442622 - 07/30/13 12:39 PM Re: Do I have to decide between God and Therapy? [Re: MarkK]
Lenny Offline

Loc: Kansas
MarkK has a good point. As we all know that pastors and priest "Men of God" can be abusers. Good reminder MarkK that not everyone in the faith are safe.

#442802 - 07/31/13 07:00 PM Re: Do I have to decide between God and Therapy? [Re: buzz_key]
WhyWhyWhy Offline

Loc: some place bad
Sorry I didn't see one this before. My experience is that BOTH church & T are quite valuable. I have arranged my time to allow for both - because both work, for me. I did leave the catholic church - just couldn't stay focused because I was abused by a priest. Sooo I am now a Methodist, with a female pastor ! We all need to look for "the grey in the middle" and find our niche.
I would still be crazy w/o the Therapy and I would be crazy w/o my God in my life. Pls don't give up on T; just get it ALL out or it's a waste of money & your life's wonderful possibilities.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.