Newest Members
J44, Anura, reynel5, smc1972, Moi
12418 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
camdon (30), camdon greenwood (30), Denise (72), getteddie (66), morgoth (24), Ric (66)
Who's Online
2 registered (JW1230, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12418 Members
74 Forums
63763 Topics
445304 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#442423 - 07/28/13 02:37 PM ! [Re: Suwanee]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

!

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (02/28/14 09:08 PM)

#442573 - 07/29/13 10:56 PM Re: Difficult Words----TRIGGERS [Re: lapchinj]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Jeff,

I haven't read this thread in a while...it isn't something I like to revisit. I really do appreciate that you took time to let me know that you find it helpful. Reading it later on, I see that despite what happened, I was a plucky kid who got through a lot...and my adult self has to smile at that kid now.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#442582 - 07/29/13 11:43 PM Re: Difficult Words----TRIGGERS [Re: Suwanee]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
Will,

I remember reading your story when I first joined in January but was to intimidated to respond because of my newness. I read it again tonight and find your candor deeply moving. Your desire to overcome and succeed are inspiring and impressive.

I have forgotten who bumped it forward (of course I forget, its what I do any more)- but thank you for doing so.

#442583 - 07/29/13 11:57 PM Re: Difficult Words----TRIGGERS [Re: Suwanee]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Hey Will,

I just hope your story helps you as much as it helps me.

I'm also glad you can smile at that kid, I'm still at odds with that shitty hustler.

Peace, Rainbows, Love & Healing
Jeff

#450519 - 10/18/13 01:27 AM Re: Difficult Words----TRIGGERS [Re: Suwanee]
felix33 Offline

Loc: California
I like when my wife takes the lead too.
felix33

PS I was abused when I was younger. Soon I'll tell my story

#450578 - 10/18/13 05:45 PM Re: Difficult Words----TRIGGERS [Re: Suwanee]
flightmedic38 Offline

Loc: Kansas
I couldn't read anymore I am do sorry that happen to you...

frown

#452622 - 11/05/13 11:08 PM Re: Difficult Words----TRIGGERS [Re: Suwanee]
Andre960 Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
Will,
Thank you for opening yourself up so courageously. In your experiences I find parallels that are frighteningly similar. I am left reconsidering again how it is that men come to wound children so terribly and what force makes such heinous behaviour characteristic of so many offenders....
But they are not important here, your triumphs are the story to be told, to be held high and admired, your striving is the example set for us to emulate - go refuse to lay down , but go get up , and get up, and get up again, ever forward in this great adventure we call life! Thanks Will, once again, I am thrilled to be here!

#452626 - 11/06/13 01:00 AM Re: Difficult Words----TRIGGERS [Re: Suwanee]
don64 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St. Croix, USVI
Hi Will,

The importance for me in your story is that you are taking yourself seriously. That was terrorized out of me. I was abused 0-3 1/2 and maybe at 8. The 8 year old stuff is still blocked. I began remembering my father's abuse at age 53 and only began remembering my mother's abuse this year prior to turning 64. It has been very difficult to move past the messages of "I'm: crazy, bad, deserve to be hurt, deserve to be punished, may be killed if I ever remember or say anything." Your honesty inspires the place in me that knows what I remember really did happen. It inspires me to take myself seriously and helps firm up a ME. Thank you. Don
Divine Law is not judgment or denial of self truths. Divine Law is honoring harmony that comes from a peaceful mind, an open heart, a true tongue, a light step, a forgiving nature, and a love of all living creatures. Jamie Sams & David Carson, Medicine Cards

#462633 - 03/14/14 10:00 PM Re: Difficult Words----TRIGGERS [Re: Suwanee]
isol8er Offline

Loc: California
Thank you so much for sharing your story. I'm in tears right now re-living my own horror story. I don't think I could put it on paper.....yet, but I want to. I have shared with some close friends that I was abused but I never actually re-lived it from start to finish. I just don't think I'm ready to go beyond "I was abused as a kid..."
Man, thanks!
Isol8er

#462688 - 03/15/14 05:19 PM Re: Difficult Words----TRIGGERS [Re: Suwanee]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Hey iso18er

Nothing says that as soon as you come here you have to spill your guts and tell everyone what happened to you. It took me 40 years to do that.

The first big step is that you came here, I am sorry that you had to be here but you have now become part of a brotherhood, men with horrible stories to tell. As time moves on and you read what unfortunately happened to others it will help you talk about your shit and get it off your chest and finally on your way to healing.

Hopefully you will be able to look at your past and make friends with that little kid who took all the abuse and lived through it. Take it slow and easy so you will find it easier to participate in these forums.

I wish you all the magic in the world that the healing process goes easy for you. You have already made friends who want to help you through your past.

Peace, Rainbows, Love, Healing & Hope
Jeff

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.