Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
1 registered (pattom), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443082 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#442468 - 07/28/13 10:55 PM ....
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
... shared something too personal.

Edited by ThisMan (07/29/13 12:15 AM)
Edit Reason: change of heart.

#442474 - 07/29/13 12:04 AM Re: don't like getting in touch w/ emotions. [Re: ThisMan]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
There can be tears in healing.

Therapists can make mistakes. It's good if they help you carry the burdens too.

Puffer

#442477 - 07/29/13 12:40 AM Re: don't like getting in touch w/ emotions. [Re: ThisMan]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
I agree therapists can make mistakes. But never, Puffer, should they put someone's life, or the lives of the patient's family, in danger by not acting instantly and efficiently when the threat of suicide is expressed by that patient to the therapist and then the therapist receives the call that a plan for suicide has been developed.

To say therapists make mistakes is to validate incompetence in this situation. There is no room for error when dealing with the real and present threat of suicide. None. If that car had been started with the garage door down, to what extent would the fumes have filtered into the house? Would one of my boys had been in their room just hanging out? ... its a real possibility I could have also lost one of them. Or both, along with their mother. If any party cannot carry their responsibilities in the arena of suicide, including the therapist, the end result can be death.

I don't want to come across as harsh in anyway, but to say a therapist makes mistakes is to invalidate and minimize this experience.

Thanks for taking time to read my posting. I felt compelled to delete the emotional part of the issue before others read it because I felt exposed.

b

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.