Newest Members
J44, Anura, reynel5, smc1972, Moi
12418 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
camdon (30), camdon greenwood (30), Denise (72), getteddie (66), morgoth (24), Ric (66)
Who's Online
2 registered (traveler, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12418 Members
74 Forums
63763 Topics
445304 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#442430 - 07/28/13 05:46 PM Trigger. Dip
Fastedd72 Offline

Loc: Harold Wood
I've had a hard few days. Bit of a dip. I think it's my mind trying to cope with success. I've spent two months organising a charity rounders tournament at work. It raised 400 for our local Mind.

Anyhow it seems that my mind hates success. Everyone said the enjoyed it. So why is my mind telling me that I fouled up.

I'm really in a very bad place at the moment. I'm feeling like I did at the very beginning. I'm struggling with work and family. I feel like I just want to stop the process and just become the emotionless person I was before.

#442431 - 07/28/13 06:17 PM Re: Trigger. Dip [Re: Fastedd72]
genedebs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MO
Dear Fasted,

I know how you feel. When I was younger a achieved some amazing things. Co Founded and supervised an organization credited with electing the first Democratic Mayor of a city in 96 years. Leading the youth component of an effort which registered 4,000 in Virginia in 1964 (That was called Mississippi Summer).

Later I designed and directed a program which changed a program from helping 900 people in jobs, with less money to a program which transitioned 3,000 people to jobs. Throughout all of these experiences I knew that I had been inadequate. I could specify all the mistakes and where I fell short. Also, those people who appreciated my work, were not appreciating me, only my performance.

Today I know that I am a necessary, though insufficient, part of the solution (or effort) that I participate in. This took me more than 30 years to understand and accept that I was good enough, instead of being worthless.

I am not healed, but have made a long march toward healing,

We all have different stories, but we all are just the same.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.