Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
era1 (31), GregoryP (50), GregoryParcell (50), junior (54), KDW78 (36), nansogre (48)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, JW1230, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64148 Topics
447583 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#442407 - 07/28/13 03:23 AM isolation
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
I seem to stay inside of my home. And only go outside to get my Post. I hate to leave my home to do any thing. It seems that if I have to go to the store . I will go in the middle of the night. Because I have to drive 14 miles to own any way.
Some things I just order on line when I can.
The internet seems to becoming my link to the outside world

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#442412 - 07/28/13 10:59 AM Re: isolation [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Candu Offline

Loc: Canada
From October through December I was working 3 days a week. It was expected that I was to get help with my "problems". All it did was to increase my isolation. Two more days of being in the house with no contact other than my computer. (it finally ended when they decided I wasn't getting enough work done in the three days) I have basically isolated myself at work as well. I'm not sure how much longer I will be able to keep my job.

The highlight of my week is going to see my therapist. I feel mainly safe there.

Yes I know this isn't good and I'm trying to get out. I volunteered to the Fringe Festival as a ticket seller in the last two weeks. A defined role that I was able to pull off without too much anxiety. My first shift I had a pill for anxiety but I got by without it. The following days were easier.

I did go to the free outdoor performance stage a few times. Funny how you can feel so alone with so many people around. Not that I would know how to feel any different.

So I'm working on changing things. Slowly. It doesn't help that I can't get a good night sleep and I often feel like crap.

#442422 - 07/28/13 02:34 PM ! [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

!

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (02/28/14 09:08 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.