Newest Members
Jay1159, jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312
12343 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (Greg56, Seekingwisdom), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12343 Members
74 Forums
63439 Topics
443465 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 11 of 26 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 25 26 >
Topic Options
#441736 - 07/22/13 11:37 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
txb Offline

Glad you are joining Pero. Sorry to hear about your high blood pressure. From what Iíve read, you can change your diet and lose weight without doing a single bit of exercise, but exercising without changing your diet is pretty much useless if you want to lose weight. Which sucks. Iím sure the exercise is good for your heart and stuff though. I got a new bike last year thatís really awesome. Itís a Specialized Allez Comp road bike. I really wanted to get it in black but they only had red in stock at the shop. I was too much of an impatient kid wait for them to order it in for me though. I love cycling but there are a lot of crazies on the road, so I try to stick to cycle paths as much as I can. The canal tow paths are pretty decent. Once I cycled 240km in a week.

Today I got up at 9:30. So thatís good. I weighed myself yesterday. It was depressing. Iím just making up some kind of plan of what food Iím going to make for the week. Things go better when I plan.

#441829 - 07/22/13 11:21 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: txb]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Today wasn't bad. I had a bacon and cheese sandwich at Burger King for breakfast but I didn't get any hash-browns or anything with it, just coffee, so that wasn't great but wasn't all that much of a cheat either. For lunch I had another turkey and ham sandwich with some pretzels. (I make these sandwhiches with half a slice of pepperjack cheese but no mayo so, again, not great for the diet but not horrible either.) I snaked on some peanuts when I got home from work and soon I'll finish off most of that chicken chili. I'm also going to have to admit that I'm allowing myself a piece of pizza that my brother brought home from work tonight. I just can't fucking turn down pizza. Sorry. blush

This evening after work I went for my normal 3.5 mile run, so I did get my exercise at least. All in all today was another mixed bag, like a lot of my days are with this stuff. Hope everyone else is doing well. Take care. Peace,

Ken

#441929 - 07/23/13 08:00 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: BraveFalcon]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Another 3.5 mile run today. Breakfast was a protein bar. Lunch, another turkey-ham sandwich with pretzels. Dinner will be the rest of that chicken chili. I know I said that last night but I had more left than I thought. Also, the slice of pizza last night helped to fill me up. Peace,

Ken

#442131 - 07/25/13 12:36 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
txb Offline

Ok, I finally made some goals.

1) (Itís not really exercise related but itís to do with metabolism and lack of motivation) Come off antipsychotics. I donít have the drs ok for it, but Iím going to do it gradually. Spent all day researching it, so Iím starting that tomorrow.

2) Gradually wake up earlier. Like 8-8:30 seems like a decent time to wake up. Not 10-11am. No going to bed at 3am either. If you see me on here at 3am feel free to shout at me.

3) Eat better and eat more. Ideally aim for about 2900calories per day. My aim is to gain weight. But as muscle not fat. I want to gain about 20lbs. Growing taller would be nice too... but that seems unlikely. Though recently someone told me that you donít stop growing till you are 22. So maybe..?

4) Re-start stronglifts program.

5) No crazy cardio. Maybe I'll just ride my bike once a week or something.

That's pretty much it. Today I'm really tired and in an extremely bad mood so I'm not doing anything. I'll start tomorrow. No excuses.

#442273 - 07/26/13 09:20 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: txb]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Ok, I've been away from this thread for a few days but I have been active. Each day my diet was the same. (Sorry, I can't afford variety.)

Breakfast - protein bar
Lunch - turkey and ham sandwich with half a slice of pepperjack cheese
Snacks - pretzels, peanuts, trail mix
Dinner - boneless, skinless chicken breast (grilled) with a side of low calorie soup

Exercise went like this..

Wednesday - 3.5 mile run
Thursday - Worked biceps, forearms and back at the gym with cardio on the elliptical
Today - worked abs with cardio on the elliptical.

For some reason my right elbow has been bothering me recently and the weights seem to make it worse so I'm putting them down for at least a week. For the next week or so, it will be all cardio.

#442291 - 07/27/13 12:08 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Welcome aboard, Pero! Now drop and do 20 push-ups. ;-)

I'm checking in with you all. I read your posts. They sound honest with challenges and/or encouraging with successes, so I'll have to be honest too. I haven't done well this week. So I'm getting back on the plan tomorrow morning. blush

Keep your chin up!

#442361 - 07/27/13 02:09 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I'm back!!!

Was a great trip, two 72 foot canal boats, 21 of us all together- was a great experience driving such a huge machine. They go "slow", but because they are slow in reacting you have to always be concentrating. Was good by the end of it!

There were times where I could just lie on the roof in the sun (was about 30 degrees Celsius the whole trip- besides one rain shower which was fun driving in lol). The kids were all well behaved and helpful- think everyone had a great time and nobody fell in at any time, which is good!

It was basically exercise from morning to night- driving the boat itself is exercise as it is quite physical. Also there are many locks on the canals, so we'd alternate teams to walk to the next lock to make it easier. Did lots of jogging and sprinting, and also the Athletes badge with the scouts. The locks are huge heavy wooden gates with paddles, was a real strength test, like lifting weights! The other thing that required lots of strength was mooring up, lots of pulling on ropes (these boats must weigh many tonnes) to get the boat into tight spots, and if we ever got grounded lots of poling out and pushing. The whole thing was physical, if I hadn't started exercising before going on this trip I wouldn't have been able to do half of what I did during this trip, it was a test of my endurance and ability. From this trip I have developed hard skin on my hands from so much rope pulling and lock work etc lol. I have a good tan now though!

I'm very much looking forward to getting back on my exercise routine! After climbing up and down these boats all week I see many practical reasons why it is important to be able to lift my own weight in all manners of positions lol.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#442364 - 07/27/13 02:20 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
During the trip I was getting up on average most days at 7am, some days 6.30-6.45am, one day just after 8am as we were all tired.

I had to get up early to get dressed and get the kids breakfasts ready before they got up. But also because the other adult with me is an early riser- so I didn't have much choice in the matter lol. Hopefully I will continue to wake at about 7am, but I very much doubt I will be able to keep that up, I think I only managed it for the kids. But I will try.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#442366 - 07/27/13 02:24 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Tut, that sounds so great. I've not heard of a trip like this. Is there a website where we can find out about it? It's a rental, right?
Welcome back. The team is intact and we even grew by one member, peroperic2009.
Some of us our sprinting to our goals, others (like me) are crawling right now but still determined!

#442386 - 07/27/13 09:15 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Lewis, glad to hear you had such a good time. That sounds awesome! Also glad to have you back.

Today it was another 3.5 mile run. I admit that I cheated for lunch and ate a bunch of tortellini with a three cheese spaghetti sauce and covered in mozzarella cheese. For dinner it's going to be the last of the grilled chicken breasts with some low calorie soup. Peace,

Ken

Page 11 of 26 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 25 26 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.