Newest Members
myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise, kieran
12463 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blakanezebruh (43), OneWithStrength (37), Parker (45), scottyg (42)
Who's Online
5 registered (JW1230, Jay1946, Shyshark, 2 invisible), 31 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12463 Members
74 Forums
63990 Topics
446621 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#441846 - 07/23/13 04:48 AM Re: I can't believe I have the guts to do this… [Re: Rich1967]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
there is no need to go to the chat room at all.
i never do. i think i went once for about 2 minutes.

War
Love
Poetry

#441859 - 07/23/13 09:35 AM Re: I can't believe I have the guts to do this… [Re: Rich1967]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
It seems some guys are more in chat and some are more in writings on public boards. Personally I'm much more at easy here than in chat where everything is very fast.

Only what matters is to find way that suites us the best personally in try to connect to others.

So dear Rich1967 welcome to Male survivor.
I'm more than glad to see you here with us wink

Pero

#441881 - 07/23/13 01:03 PM Re: I can't believe I have the guts to do this… [Re: Rich1967]
Rich1967 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: PA
Good advice from you all. I do find myself "driven" to improve. I don't know where that comes from. Maybe it's from the feeling that I lost the last 20 plus years to self isolation. I don't want to loose a second more. Being able to feel again and make healthy connections with other guys has been awesome!

It's good to be reminded I don't have to move at breakneck speeds. Maybe I will make less mistakes that way. I think I will get over my fear of other guys, and maybe chat just might not be my thing.

I am still so thankful that I've found and joined this community. I look forward to exploring the various layers of recovery with you all.

"Me too" - I don't think I will ever get tired of saying or hearing these two words.

My Story:
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=441625#Post441625

#442211 - 07/26/13 04:53 AM Re: I can't believe I have the guts to do this… [Re: Rich1967]
1.healing Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NW Ohio
Hi Rich,

Congratulations on your post. That first step is often the most difficult one, you've done a great job recognizing and then actively seeking healing and healthy recovery. It's an incredibly brave accomplishment you have courage!

Few of us can do this work alone, and it can never be done by isolating ourselves, that makes it the hardest. I hope you find the answers and support you seek by coming here and that some of the other survivors become your good friends and brothers.

Gary / 1.healing

George Elliot

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life."

Virginia Woolf

#442413 - 07/28/13 11:30 AM Re: I can't believe I have the guts to do this… [Re: Rich1967]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi, Rich -

I read this and it prompted me to also read your survivor's story. I am incredibly touched by your experience, and relate enough to it that I feel like I know you - and that makes the pain even more poignant.

Originally Posted By: Rich
...I still can’t make friends very easily and I NEED to talk to people about this stuff.

You can talk to me any time.

Originally Posted By: From Your Story (punctuation emphasis by Eirik)
Have already heard from some and would love to hear from others. If there’s something here you relate to Private Message me or point me to your story/posts. Reading what you all have posted and interacting with a community that “gets it” has been overwhelmingly positive at this point in my recovery. If you want to talk, so do I.

Rich, I have not yet posted my story (I may some day do that). I do, however, share more on the PM's because it feels safer to me. That said, I did post a sketch of my experience, and you can read it by clicking my name in the signature below.

Click my pic to see why I'm here

#442479 - 07/29/13 01:14 AM Re: I can't believe I have the guts to do this… [Re: Rich1967]
Rich1967 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: PA
1.healing - words of encouragement are always welcome. Some days I'm braver than others, but each day I keep trying because the alternative sucks.

Eirik - I consider myself straight, but I have a need for other guys to love me and I know it's because I've never felt that kind of unconditional love that you would get from a father - ever. Your post went a long way to help fill that need. Thanks for the love and understanding.

I read your story and I'm sorry for what happened to you but still thankful to know you. I will read your full story if you post it. It was good for me to get it all out there and to have guys like you still accept me because I was having a hard time accepting me. If you could then maybe I could too. So far so good. I hope others read it and it helps them in some way. There are still SO many more things I want to post and discuss regarding my recovery now, but only so much time in the day.

You can PM me anytime too. I am sure I will take you up on your offer. I only wish I could write as well as you do.

"Me too" - I don't think I will ever get tired of saying or hearing these two words.

My Story:
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=441625#Post441625

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.