Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63638 Topics
444456 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#442036 - 07/24/13 04:17 PM The line.
CloudyFalls Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
The line between my reality and the reality of what was done to me is dangerous for me to cross. I don't think I really grasp the reality of what was done to me and for many reasons.

Here's the thing. I was speaking with my psychologist the other day and he was trying to help me understand what was actually done to me. When he would say certain things about my abuser I had to hold in a laugh even though it was not even in the slightest funny. But to me, it seemed laughable to think that these things were even possible. I held back smirks, laughs, when I should be crying my eyes out. Curtis used me, he never loved me, he's a liar, a manipulator, he doesn't even know what love is, he wanted to hurt you because he gained pleasure from it. All these things are hard to believe, but I used to think I knew they were true. But maybe I'm just agreeing that they're true to get it to go away, to make people think I get it so they'll stop saying it. So I don't have to admit it to myself.

When my ex tried to hurt me, he said something like, "Curtis never loved you because you're personality sucks." It didn't hurt me at all, instead I laughed thinking, the jokes on you, of course he loved me.

But the reality is, he never loved me. Chances are he's incapable of love.

I still don't believe that, I do to an extent, but I'm still not seeing what really was done to me. But rarely it clicks, and I lose my mind in rage. My world is shattered. And all I can think about is killing Curtis. And a man with nothing to lose will do anything. He was probably the most important person in my entire life leading up to the beginning of 2012. It's not suicide I want, it's his life I want to take and do with as I please, just like he did with me. He played games with my life since I was 6, and I want to destroy his like he did mine. Given the right circumstances, I know I would do it. So maybe my mind is protecting me from throwing my life away, keeping me from crossing that line because I'm not ready. But it's maybe too late, because I was pushed across the line by being forced to realize what was done. What happens if I can't handle the truth?

My world shattered again yesterday, for the second time. The first time, I was ready to kill myself, this time I am ready to kill him.

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind, not even a sliver. I know full and wholeheartedly, if there were no law or if I could get away with it, I would make his life a living hell and make him beg to be killed. I swear on my life, he would know hell.

#442042 - 07/24/13 04:59 PM ! [Re: CloudyFalls]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

!

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (02/28/14 09:04 PM)

#442058 - 07/24/13 06:56 PM Re: The line. [Re: CloudyFalls]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
"But maybe I'm just agreeing that they're true to get it to go away, to make people think I get it so they'll stop saying it. So I don't have to admit it to myself."

Knowing something is true and believing in your heart that something is true are sometimes disjoined from one another. We blame ourselves so much sometimes because we remember back not only to our bodies often betraying ourselves but our emotions as well. We sought out affection, intimacy, and love but were tricked into being used. Hence, we have to work through the nonsense taught to us by the abuse namely all the false truths concerning love, sex, and trust, and intimacy not to mention our own self worth.

"I want to destroy his like he did mine."

Man do I get this although you may take solace in knowing your abuser is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more afraid of you and your telling than you ever will be of him. This is true because you did nothing wrong and he did something horrible that upon exposure would mean social death.

"The first time, I was ready to kill myself, this time I am ready to kill him."

I am not in the business of advocating killing and still am not, however, I can't help but think this shift in attitude is progress. The balance of anger has shifted over more towards him than yourself on the scales of your internal justice system : )

Edited by Publius (07/24/13 06:56 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.