Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
5 registered (VASurvivor, journey4two, tbkkfile, 2 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63403 Topics
443284 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#441795 - 07/22/13 07:44 PM Re: From Confrontation to the Courtroom [Re: Chase Eric]
txb Offline

Originally Posted By: Chase Eric

Hi, txb. Just so you know, it is a very secure facility. The psychiatric center is associated with the prison system, and his wing has rolled barbed fences around the yard. I had to be buzzed in to his wing by a uniformed guard. I certainly did not just "walk in."

That makes it good and bad. Bad that he's done some other terrible thing to someone to make him be put in there, but good that it's not like a personal medical thing where you'd have no chance of finding anything out because of confidentiality. I'm sure you've already searched everything you can online, but a lot of courts publish lists of daily business, like what cases they're hearing and stuff, so if he has any kind of hearing in the future maybe his name will come up. I really hope your freedom of information request turns something up for you.

#441819 - 07/22/13 10:40 PM Re: From Confrontation to the Courtroom [Re: Chase Eric]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Hi Eirik. Wow, what an epic journey you are on! Although I have never done anything or experienced anything that would come close to what you are doing, I can totally understand your need for closure with this and your desire to have the "last word." You deserve that and I hope like hell that you get the opportunity, one way or another. What ever you have to do and whatever lengths you have to go to, I wish you strength and perseverance in your quest. If you succeed and you get the ending you most hope for, I'm sure it will absolutely make your existence and will be well worth every ounce of effort and every minute of time you put into it. If you do not get that ending, at least you can stick your chest out and know that you did all you could and in doing so were true to yourself and to little Eirik. I am glad and am honored that you have chosen to take us all along with you on your journey. We're all rooting for you. Keep us posted. Thanks. Peace,

Ken

#441833 - 07/23/13 12:05 AM Re: From Confrontation to the Courtroom [Re: Chase Eric]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Chase Eric (11/21/13 08:46 PM)

Click my pic to see why I'm here

#441840 - 07/23/13 01:18 AM Re: From Confrontation to the Courtroom [Re: Chase Eric]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Chase Eric

My question: has anyone else here been crazy/stupid/obsessed/stubborn enough to get to this point? If so, do you have any ideas on how to further move this along?

Again, I keep asking why I feel so driven to do this. It's a very lonely journey. My friends don't really understand it, nor do I expect them to.

I have been there, and I still am. For me it's trying to find out about an abuser who made my life a hell for 2 weeks when I was 12 in the summer camp. I was wounded as much as if I'd been hit by a truck. As far as I know I never saw him again. I know he tried to check up on me at least once. He must have had enormous resources. I remembered a name and recognized a photo. I think he died about a year and a half ago. He was about 16 years older than I was. It seems likely that he repeated that kind of abuse again and again. When he died I felt a tremendous sense of relief. I'll never confront him and I wouldn't want to. Yes, other people probably wonder why I'm obsessed about this.

And Eric, for you I think you need to find people who have specialized knowledge in the area of the legal system and hospital where he's committed. There is probably a person who was involved with that and you need to find that person. Is there a record from newspapers?

Pufferfish

#441853 - 07/23/13 08:22 AM Re: From Confrontation to the Courtroom [Re: Chase Eric]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Eric,

Don't take this the wrong way but I'm glad to see you so angry over this. You've said in the past that in a sense this guy made you a permanent victim, quiet as a mouse, body betrayal, confusing sexuality and imagery of godlike power, but at the same time you'd said you can't quite hate him, that you didn't even feel anger on seeing him again, he was so old and worn out, you mostly just talked. And the way you've written about those talks, obviously you're processing it well. But to go through that WITHOUT getting mad, without hating and cursing him even a little? Can't be good to have it bottled inside.

You should consult a lawyer. Ask: if this guy is about to stand trial for another victim, would I be allowed to testify or submit a letter into the record just to verify what he's capable of? If I tell the cops I was another victim will they give me more access / leeway or will they kick me out as a stalker?

Speaking of stalking..... I finally dug up all the contact info of the old perv who got me. I know where his daughter lives, I know the market value of his house. I really really really really don't want to get so wound up with him that I call him every single year to see if he's finally dead (93 and counting - c'mon, prostate, get in the game!) but can totally see myself doing that. I have advanced scientific degrees and was a science teacher yet sometimes wonder if certain imagery of the abuse comes to mind because he was thinking about it at the same time too. Stupid obsessed woo-woo like that. So yes I know about tracking but then not having an endgame.

Matt

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#441857 - 07/23/13 09:31 AM Re: From Confrontation to the Courtroom [Re: Chase Eric]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 06:16 PM)

#441868 - 07/23/13 11:35 AM Re: From Confrontation to the Courtroom [Re: bodyguard8367]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Bodyguard

You are so correct the answer lies within. I am learning this as I too attempt to bring some level of closure to the abuse and abuser. I have notified the Diocese and spoke to a law firm about possible actions. The response was comforting and supportive from the Diocese. Maybe that is all I need, letting his superiors know and their response to the abuse was being addressed in the Diocese and their offer of help.

It is difficult to say what ultimately will set us free, but as long as we let the abuse define us, we will not be free.

#441892 - 07/23/13 03:22 PM Re: From Confrontation to the Courtroom [Re: pufferfish]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Chase Eric (11/21/13 08:46 PM)

#442031 - 07/24/13 02:35 PM Re: From Confrontation to the Courtroom [Re: Chase Eric]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Chase Eric (11/21/13 08:45 PM)

#442041 - 07/24/13 04:55 PM Re: From Confrontation to the Courtroom [Re: Chase Eric]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I am happy for you. I hope the decision goes in your favor. The question why isn't enough he Iis locked up can only be answered by you. Each survivor needs different elements to bring a reasonable level of closure. For me I am in my own process of bringing closure-explored legal path, spoke with Diocese and parish about the abuse, sat in front of perp's home on two occasions (did not see him). I am still trying to figure what is enough for me. The responses from the parish and Diocese were comforting and there was no denial, a sense of affirmation were in their words. It helped but how much further I will go I do not know but I will know when I reach the right point. It is your decision. Good luck.

Kevin

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.