Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
3 registered (md4e, 2 invisible), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63173 Topics
441753 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#441979 - 07/24/13 04:34 AM Using sick days at work - getting worried
ShortedDiode Offline

Loc: Hamilton, ON Canada
I've been hit on all sides over the last year from colds including that bad flu that went around, burnout (everyone in my department's been suffering from this and sick day usage has gone up across the board) at work, so I've been using up sick days much faster than I normally do but lately I've been having nightmares.

It's been years since I've had horrible nightmares and the problem is, whenever I have one, it totally destroys my sleep for the night and I'm in awful shape in the morning so I end up calling in sick to work and eventually getting back to sleep, then eventually waking up sometime in the afternoon finally feeling rested and back to normal, in good shape to go back to work the next day. This has been happening every five or six weeks or so for the last few months and it's spiked my sick day count which was already higher than usual for me, and I'm worried about running out of sick days and having to deal with getting doctor's notes for work with all the explanation that would involve. I really would appreciate any advice because I'm afraid of getting in trouble if I have a couple more sleep-ruining nightmares or a bad cold. Everything would've been fine if the damn nightmares hadn't started up so any suggestions on getting those back under control would also be really helpful...

#441981 - 07/24/13 06:51 AM Re: Using sick days at work - getting worried [Re: ShortedDiode]
Ivo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Germany
It is difficult to control dreams since this is subconscious level and it can be caused by many things like stress, worries, money issues etc… the first question is why are you so upset that after nightmare you cannot calm back slowly and go to sleep rest of the night?
You can try some tee for better sleep and if it is really so bad you should speak with doctor and seek professional help.

Edited by Ivo (07/24/13 06:52 AM)

#442144 - 07/25/13 03:16 PM Re: Using sick days at work - getting worried [Re: ShortedDiode]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
How big is the company you work for ,over 50 people? Have you been there for over one year? If so then you can get on FMLA, Family Medical Leave Act, allows you to take off time for your health issues ,no questions asked. You need to get your Doctor or Therapist to sign off on it, but once you are on FMLA so have lots of hours that you can take off for any medical reason, no ????? Asked. It saved my job for a year when I was going though hell.

Tom

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.