Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
1 registered (traveler), 17 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63992 Topics
446666 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#441965 - 07/24/13 12:10 AM one more down
traveler Online   confused
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
tonight i told my daughter about my childhood and the CSA. i had been feeling the need to do this for some time. but i had a really difficult time getting started. we are visiting with her now and i knew this would be a good time - while staying with her - but it was so hard to get started.

last night there was a TV show on that involved the topic and i had to leave the room and cry - couldn't do it then - was too fragile. but since then, there was another event that gave me more self-confidence. so tonight i told her after dinner.

once i got started, it wasn't too bad. i didn't break down but didn't give too many details either.

she was very understanding - i thought she would be - she has a masters degree in public health and lots of good experience working with hurting people. she cried afterwards and hugged me. she said that she would never have known from the way i succeeded as a father - nice. then asked if i felt better - lighter.

i didn't really feel much of anything except a bit of relief at having gotten it over with - end of the internal pressure. maybe i'll feel something later.

anyway - that is one down - and two more to go. not sure when i will tell them. the other daughter will be easier than the son.

lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#441967 - 07/24/13 01:01 AM Re: one more down [Re: traveler]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 06:21 PM)

#441970 - 07/24/13 02:17 AM Re: one more down [Re: traveler]
GoldStone Offline

Loc: Far East
poignant response from her. bittersweet.

Edited by GoldStone (07/24/13 02:17 AM)

#441998 - 07/24/13 09:42 AM Re: one more down [Re: traveler]
OCN Offline

Loc: Western Europe
You're golden Lee! Very brave of you and especially what she has said.. "she said that she would never have known from the way i succeeded as a father"
i'd keep that close to my heart!

Every step of disclosure is a new one in my opinion. Every step brings out new levels of 'something'. But its one important step at the time, your step!

You're doing great! Keep it up!!

Edited by OCN (07/24/13 09:42 AM)

#441999 - 07/24/13 09:46 AM Re: one more down [Re: traveler]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: traveler
she cried afterwards and hugged me. she said that she would never have known from the way i succeeded as a father - nice.

That made me cry a bit.

(((Lee)))

Good luck with your son and your other daughter. They're lucky to have you as a father.

My Story

Growing up isn't about losing innocence - it's about learning how to keep it in a cold and unforgiving world.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.