Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
5 registered (WriterKeith, ethereo222, George F, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63188 Topics
441836 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#441589 - 07/21/13 09:07 AM Bravefalcon's CRAZY Hot Habanero Chicken Chili.
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Here is a recipe for some super-hot chicken chili I like to make. It is low-fat and low-calorie. My brother found the template for this recipe on the internet but it was far to bland for me. For example, the original recipe called for only 1 tbsp of chili powder and none of the other seasonings I've added. Also, it didn't call for any of the peppers that I use. So, I claim this recipe as my own because I've modified the original so greatly. Here it is....

1 can black beans (14-16 oz) - (Can sizes may vary depending on where you shop and what brand you buy. None of these things need to be completely exact.)
1 can kidney beans (14-16 oz.)
1 can corn kernels (8-10 oz)
1 can tomato sauce (16 oz)
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies (28-30 oz)
1 packet spicy taco seasoning (1oz)
5 tbsp chili powder,
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
chopped mushrooms (appox 8 oz)
2 poblano peppers (mild)
7-8 jalapeno peppers, 3-4 if they are large jalapenos. (medium-hot)
8-10 serrano peppers (hot)
5-6 habanero peppers (VERY HOT).
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts. (Appox 3 lbs.)

Chop up mushrooms and all the peppers. Chop peppers according to spiciness, with the hottest peppers being chopped the most. The poblano peppers you can chop into the largest pieces. Chop the jalapenos into smaller pieces than the poblanos. Chop and dice the serrano peppers into smaller pices still. Chop, dice and mince the habaneros until they are completely pulverized. (You do not want any "chunks" of habanero in your mix.)

Drain the cans of kidney beans, black beans and corn before adding them to the mix. Do not drain the chopped tomatoes with green chilies. Combine all the ingredients with the various chopped peppers and mix well. Put the mixture in a greased crock pot with the chicken breasts. Slow cook for approximately 8 hours. Remove the chicken breasts with tongs after approximately 8 hours, place on a cutting board and shred well with a knife and a fork. Place the shredded chicken back into the crockpot and stir very well. (You may want to stir the ingredients in the crockpot before placing the shredded chicken back into it. Then, stir again after adding the shredded chicken.) Slow cook for another 2 hours (approx). Enjoy.

Again, none of these ingredient amounts need to be 100% exact. Obviously you can adjust the recipe to fit your taste if you make it. If you don't like mushrooms, don't use the mushrooms. If you really love corn, add a second can of corn. If you can't handle the heat, use fewer peppers, etc. I'm still playing with the recipe myself and think I may add some chopped onions and a second tbs of cayenne pepper next time I make it. It's still not hot enough for me. I may even mince up a ghost pepper and throw it into the mix. Have fun playing with the recipe if you so choose. Peace,

Ken

PS: You may want to enjoy this chili with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream but that kind of defeats the low-fat, low-calorie aspect of it. (Although I eat it that way sometimes.) That's up to you though. Peace,

Ken

#441596 - 07/21/13 10:12 AM Re: Bravefalcon's CRAZY Hot Habanero Chicken Chili. [Re: BraveFalcon]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Yummy laugh

#441603 - 07/21/13 11:47 AM Re: Bravefalcon's CRAZY Hot Habanero Chicken Chili. [Re: BraveFalcon]
Tanis2105 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: SW Florida
Making it today. It sounds fantastic I hope I can do it justice. Thanks for posting it :-)

#441621 - 07/21/13 03:39 PM Re: Bravefalcon's CRAZY Hot Habanero Chicken Chili. [Re: BraveFalcon]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Ken,

That sounds almost exactly like one of the crockpot meals we make!
We especially like them in the winter.
How "healthy" it is really depends on how much cheese and sour cream you add.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#441636 - 07/21/13 09:01 PM Re: Bravefalcon's CRAZY Hot Habanero Chicken Chili. [Re: BraveFalcon]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada

chili.
hot stuff.
home made.
mmmmm.

that tasted good just reading the ingredients.

i truly hope this is the beginning of a new trend in posting killer recipes.

War
Love
Poetry

#441760 - 07/22/13 03:52 PM ! [Re: BraveFalcon]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

!

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (02/28/14 09:00 PM)

#441827 - 07/22/13 11:12 PM Re: Bravefalcon's CRAZY Hot Habanero Chicken Chili. [Re: Tanis2105]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Hi guys. Glad to see that others here have a penchant for super-hot food.

Originally Posted By: Tanis2105
Making it today. It sounds fantastic I hope I can do it justice. Thanks for posting it :-)

Cool man! I'd love to hear how it turned out! Peace,

Ken

#441882 - 07/23/13 01:09 PM Re: Bravefalcon's CRAZY Hot Habanero Chicken Chili. [Re: BraveFalcon]
Tanis2105 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: SW Florida
Ken

WOW the chili was fantastic and on the second day the flavors were even more intense. I must admit I used a lot of sour cream to help cool the heat, guess I canít handle it like I use to. My brother and his wife loved it as well but like you he thought more heat would be a great idea(heís a pepper lover) Thank you so much for sharing this and I think we now have a new chili recipe.

Kevin

#441930 - 07/23/13 08:03 PM Re: Bravefalcon's CRAZY Hot Habanero Chicken Chili. [Re: Tanis2105]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Hi Kevin. Glad you liked it. Yeah, I sometimes eat it with a little sour cream to but this last time I didn't. Just trying to avoid the extra calories and what not. I did add a little shredded cheddar to it the first night though. Also some avocado. Peace,

Ken

#443156 - 08/03/13 03:57 PM Re: Bravefalcon's CRAZY Hot Habanero Chicken Chili. [Re: Tanis2105]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Ok, I made it again this weekend, only this time instead of using a normal can of diced tomatoes with green chilies I used this stuff...

And yes, I still used six minced habaneros. Also, this time I added a chopped white onion to the mix. Is it hot, you ask? Let's just say it's "more tingly than hot."

LOL! cool

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.