Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
3 registered (bluesky, Obi, 1 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64184 Topics
447886 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#441785 - 07/22/13 06:03 PM We're Doing More than Just Recovering
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

...is the thought I'm having tonight.

There was definitely something in Matt's post "Thankful" that got me seeing things in a new light. Thank you, Matt. (I did not want to hijack that wonderful thread, so I decided to start a separate one here.)

The more I think about it, the more I realize that the path to recovery is inextricably bound with the journey to becoming a good human being, a good man. I think we all are doing this, and it's actually nothing short of incredible. We all have different backgrounds in CSA. The gender of the perpetrator, our relationship to him/her, the age(s) we were abused, the duration, the nature, etc. We're dealing with it at different ages, coming from different backgrounds. We have this, and it's caused problems. Despite our infinite differences, we're taking a good look at how those problems affect us in our present lives, and we're fighting to solve them. The road is bumpy, but more often than not, I think it gives us insight into the intricacies of our minds and souls that not many others would have - and we come out stronger, more intelligent, more compassionate, more understanding, more aware...in short, as excruciating as it is, we're becoming better human beings. We're fighting, and we're also reaching out to others and helping them in their battles. We're ending a vicious cycle. I'm proud to be part of this community of men who are (sometimes unconsciously, but tangibly) spreading goodness and making the world a better place.

My Story

#441800 - 07/22/13 08:13 PM Re: We're Doing More than Just Recovering [Re: concerned_husky]
toddop Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Husky,

I don't have anything to add to this statement. Just wanted to say thanks for posting it and putting these thoughts out there. I think everything you just said is the absolute truth!

Todd

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
-Albert Einstein

#441804 - 07/22/13 09:14 PM Re: We're Doing More than Just Recovering [Re: concerned_husky]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Hi Husky. Good points and good post. I completely agree.

Originally Posted By: concerned_husky
The road is bumpy, but more often than not, I think it gives us insight into the intricacies of our minds and souls that not many others would have

I have always said that I think survivors in general tend to know themselves better than most other people. When you grow up dealing with a lot of isolation, alienation and secrecy, you tend to get to know yourself well. It's just part of how we survived some pretty bad and traumatic stuff. Take care. Peace,

Ken

#441865 - 07/23/13 11:00 AM Re: We're Doing More than Just Recovering [Re: concerned_husky]
csasurvivor1992 Offline

Loc: Texas
spot on brother. i agree a thousand times over. painful, tough, excruciating, but we're better for it.

we've already won.

#441871 - 07/23/13 12:15 PM Re: We're Doing More than Just Recovering [Re: concerned_husky]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 06:21 PM)

#441983 - 07/24/13 07:35 AM Re: We're Doing More than Just Recovering [Re: concerned_husky]
CafeMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Chicago
Your post should be part of the welcome materials when a new brother joins this site.

#442060 - 07/24/13 07:13 PM Re: We're Doing More than Just Recovering [Re: concerned_husky]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
You're God damn right

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.