Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bear (42), BoyNoMore (56), Daniel_05 (40), James Landrith (44), john kay (41)
Who's Online
8 registered (Amandla, Scott1962, 5 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63542 Topics
443969 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#441707 - 07/22/13 06:41 AM The man who helps me a lot
OCN Offline

Loc: Western Europe
Hi guys

just want to point out a guy which i really enjoy watching. His name is Ajahn Brahm and he's a Buddhist monk. An english fellow who is now stationed in Perth, Australia.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/BuddhistSocietyWA?feature=watch

His talks are very helpful, because they help me realize my own inner strength and also help me to cope with the abuse. It can be very hard to forgive and feel compassion for people who do the abuse. Just hearing him speak helps me to realize that nevertheless it is possible to be kind and to forgive.

To me Buddhism is the path i follow right now. But i am pretty sure that there's something in his talks for Christians too! To me the teachings of Jesus have always been inspiring, though i'm not a Bible reader. And hearing Ajahn Brahm speak, i recognize a lot of what i see as the teachings of Jesus (be kind and compassionate, while being wise as to never demanding anything from others)

Anywayz, i hope that everyone finds their path and find healing and comfort in any teachings which work. We all deserve to be loved and to be held with compassion. And the best way to get this, is to do the same for others selflessly. It can be tough, to fight our own selfish needs, but if we can, the quality of our lives can improve drastically.

So just take a look at the Youtube channel and look for a teaching. The one which helped me a lot was the talk on depression and anxiety: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fixvb3s25Uk

let me know if you found anything of interest.

All the best on your (healing) journeys my friends!

Bless you!

Peter

Edited by OCN (08/22/14 06:13 PM)

#441803 - 07/22/13 08:52 PM Re: The man who helps me a lot [Re: OCN]
Rustam Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
The man talks a lot of sense, I liked the stuff on self-criticism particularly. Meditation is encouraged as an effective therapy tool here in UK now. I am an atheist but there is a lot in Buddhism that is attractive.
Thanks for posting the link I enjoyed the talk.

#442000 - 07/24/13 09:51 AM Re: The man who helps me a lot [Re: Rustam]
OCN Offline

Loc: Western Europe
Originally Posted By: Rustam
The man talks a lot of sense, I liked the stuff on self-criticism particularly. Meditation is encouraged as an effective therapy tool here in UK now. I am an atheist but there is a lot in Buddhism that is attractive.
Thanks for posting the link I enjoyed the talk.

I think buddhism can go hand in hand with atheism, so no problem there!

Glad to hear you found something which suits you. Meditation is somewhat new to me, havent really had any big experience, but i have noticed that it calms me down.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.