Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
4 registered (matt123, myrlin, Seekingwisdom, manipulated), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447683 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 10 of 26 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 25 26 >
Topic Options
#441303 - 07/18/13 10:51 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Ya know, Will, after posting that last msg. I did more reading on the effects of alcohol on fitness and it upset me so much I needed a glass of wine to calm me down. whistle

#441401 - 07/19/13 06:11 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
No exercise today- the heat was terrible and forced me into a sleep. I woke with a terrible headache so have spent my time hydrating and cooling down.

I'm away from tomorrow on my trip! All packed! See you in a weeks time!

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#441407 - 07/19/13 07:28 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Have a GREAT trip! It sounds like fun!

#441411 - 07/19/13 08:19 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: WriterKeith]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
As I stated was my intention in my last post to this thread, I hit the gym at about 6:00 AM this morning and did about and hour and a half workout involving cardio and abs. For breakfast it was another protein bar and for lunch another ham and turkey sandwich with pretzels. Tonight I'll eat the last of the chicken breasts I grilled up the other day along with some brown rice. Peace,

Ken

#441506 - 07/20/13 06:37 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
txb Offline

Originally Posted By: king tut

I'm away from tomorrow on my trip! All packed! See you in a weeks time!

Hope you have a good trip. I致e always wanted to do a canal trip. Hope it's not too crazy with all those little kids to look after.

So I知 back home now and I知 like an all new improved me. Or I知 planning to be. I知 going to weigh myself tomorrow then figure out some goals from there. I know I知 about 20lbs less than I was when I was training in boxing a couple of years ago. It sounds crazy but I think I actually look fatter now than I did then, even though I weigh less. I don稚 think I知 going to make a completely weight oriented goal though. And the getting up early thing was just fluke. I did go to bed a lot earlier than normal. And I was sleeping in a tent, in this weather if you sleep any later than 8am its like you are being microwaved. I had to get up at 5:45 this morning to get the ferry home, so I plan to sleep till like..... 1pm tomorrow to make up for it. I doubt I can keep up the early wake up times. But it's something I plan to work on.

#441521 - 07/20/13 08:15 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

TXB and Ken, you're raising the bar here. I messed up REALLY bad yesterday and today.

Yesterday I spent the day volunteering at the 3rd Annual U.S. Veterans Female Stand Down. I learned a lot... A LOT... about what we as a country are NOT doing for our armed service veterans. Rather than complaining and whining about it, they created this non-profit as one of the efforts to pick up the slack in tending to the needs of VETS.

They fed all of the volunteers...and MAN do these folks eat! But it was lots of carbs and starches and fried meats. Booths were set up where organizations offered services to the Vets and they provided treats for everyone. I couldn't resist the donuts.. I ate TWO! ..and I was given a box of goodies as a token of their appreciation for my help... it had cookies, Sees chocolates and gourmet black licorice, and salted toffee nuts.. ..all of which are GONE.

Today I feel achy, I have a headache, and I've got the major blahs. Lesson learned. After years of eating healthy my body can't take the simple sugar/carb upload.

Some of you guys have gone a little silent on us? Where's the rest of the team? Let's hear where you're at! Your turn to fess up and hit the trail with us! Wherever we're headed on this, we'll head there together.

#441532 - 07/20/13 09:42 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Silent no more Keith!

Today was pretty typical---
Breakfast was peanut butter on wheat toast.
Am snack was a protein shake

Midday workout of an hour of weights with a focus on arms, chest and lats.
Lunch---Greek yogurt, turkey and Swiss on wheat.

Dinner-- A birthday celebration for my wife at a small out of the way restaurant that people drive a hundred miles to...crab cakes, pan fried okra, mashed potatoes, bread pudding with apples and walnuts in a bourbon sauce. One glass of Pinot Grigio.

I anticipated this, so I planned accordingly. It was delicious, but I ate so much I was miserable.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#441570 - 07/21/13 03:38 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Oh man... I don't eat dessert very often but that one sounds great.

Greek yogurt. Hearing a lot about that one lately. My health ins. carrier just sent out an email praising Greek yogurt as well.

#441576 - 07/21/13 04:17 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Guys this is great topic so I'm joining.
Yesterday made some cycling for two hours, I'm not in best shape and today my legs are tired.
I have motto that is not at all important what we ate as long as there is enough activity. Unfortunately our lives are many times too passive.
I have problems with my blood pressure - it is always slightly higher than normal and with tendency to go up trough years as it seems. Doc advised me to consider all measures in a try to live as healthy as possible to see would be some impacts on blood pressure and before deciding to go on meds. So in last two years I reduced caffeine intake to a minimum, no sugar in tea/coffee for me, I'm avoiding sweets and cakes, I'm walking/cycling and do short exercising every day.
No matter on all I gained some weight.

I see it just as sign for not doing enough, lol. So let's do some cardio wink
In one hour I'll go to by some groceries. Here is the paln: I'll go by my bike, I'll made huge circle around nearby lake before I went to shop and even try to put my shirt off which is sometimes problem for me.

Let's do more exercise!!!

Pero

#441591 - 07/21/13 09:21 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: peroperic2009]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Yesterday I was kind of bad. No exercise and I ate a bunch of buttered popcorn. I didn't eat much else all day until dinner when I ate some low-calorie chicken chill. I made a whole crockpot full of the chili so that will be my lunch and dinner today and probably my dinner tomorrow. I also drank a shitload of beer yesterday and probably will today as well. (Not gunna lie about that.)

In a little while I'm headed to the gym to get some cardio and to work on my chest, triceps and shoulders. Here's the recipe for that chili I made....

Bravefalcon's CRAZY Hot Habanero Chicken Chilli

Page 10 of 26 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 25 26 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.