Newest Members
FredM88, Vermona, Jas52, oliviaavaxj, biboy24
12109 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
10 registered (Jas52, JayBro, I Want 2 Thrive, Jay1946, 4 invisible), 71 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12109 Members
73 Forums
62492 Topics
438002 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 8 of 25 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
#441189 - 07/17/13 05:47 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I love hearing all your naughty food stories! Brilliant stuff!

Today my food problem, strangely, has been not eating enough food! I missed breakfast (I had 3 marshmallows- don't ask I don't know why, I have marshmallows under my guard from camp and I can't help myself).

Got to work, was going to have a cup of coffee to wake-up but got stuck doing some work, worked through lunch-time, was feeling very hungry, but then I got interested in some work and I just kept on going. Got home about 6.30pm, ate left-over curry, then cooked some chicken and roast potatoes. I think the chicken seemed quite fatty- but I don't know why, it was just chicken cooked in the oven.

But I did my exercise tonight, and I increased the reps! I increased the amount of press-ups slightly, and also a few more weights and knee-ups.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#441190 - 07/17/13 05:48 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: WriterKeith]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: WriterKeith

BRILLIANT! I love the video, haven't seen that for ages! definitely put a smile on my face!!!

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#441191 - 07/17/13 05:53 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

I agree that you don't need much equipment if any. I have a dip station, dumbbells, ankle weights, and a pull-up bar in my door frame- but the majority of the exercises I do I could probably do in some other way just using household furniture.

When I first started exercising it was based on a youtube video where a guy shows you that all you need in terms of exercise equipment for most exercises is a sofa (not just sitting on it lol).

#441196 - 07/17/13 06:31 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Ah man, I fell off the wagon. I had a hot toasted bagel with peanut butter and jam for lunch. It was so good and I was so hungry I had a second.

Then, there was this last lonely bagel in the bag....that lasted 3 hours. It "somehow disappeared" after a stint in the toaster and being slathered with butter and honey. mmmmmm...I wonder what happened to it.

Now I feel like a bloated goat.

I'm going to an industry reception tonight. I'll pass by the food as penance for my caloric crimes today.

#441201 - 07/17/13 08:57 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: SoccerStar]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Originally Posted By: SoccerStar

Bahahaha, that's so nasty but I'm sure it tasted great!

It tasted amazing! That same restaurant has a burger called the Fat Elvis. The description from the restaurant's menu...

"Slathered with a King-sized helpiní of smooth peanut butter, bacon, and fried bananas. Now thatís what we call Takiní Care of Business."

Yeah, no shit. Apparently Elvis had a fondness for burgers with bacon, peanut butter and bananas, which is the basis for the recipe. No way would I ever try that one. I am an adventurous eater but not that adventurous.

Originally Posted By: SoccerStar
I just recently found out that this is common behavior among survivors and related to dissociation - finding a repetitive workout activity that's non competitive and you can do on autopilot, typically walking / jogging / running / swimming, and just turning your brain off to wander.

I don't need to have repetitive exercise to turn my brain off to wander, but I guess it helps to at least be doing something while my brain is in that state, which is most of the time. crazy

Today it was a protein bar for breakfast, a ham and turkey sandwich with some pretzels for lunch and another grilled chicken breast with soup for dinner. At the gym I did a 10 minute warm-up on the elliptical, worked my biceps, forearms and back for about an hour, then finished with ten minutes on the elliptical and three minute cool-down. Peace,

Ken

#441205 - 07/17/13 09:29 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: WriterKeith]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Hey now!
Not all of us eat like that---just most of us. Actually, the best, best biscuits ever ARE made with lard. You just don't eat them every day---more like once or twice a year. Everything in moderation---except maybe crack or ricin.

Will

My Story: Cruel Summer

#441207 - 07/17/13 09:31 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: WriterKeith]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Keith,

Have you tried an egg white omelet? My wife swears by them...and they are pretty good and lighter than the regular rendition.

Will

#441210 - 07/17/13 09:46 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: Suwanee]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Originally Posted By: Suwanee
Hey now!
Everything in moderation---except maybe crack or ricin.

Mmmmmmmm..... crack. smirk

#441212 - 07/17/13 09:56 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Today:

Breakfast--Cheerios and a banana.
Snack---fresh bing cherries.
Lunch--leftover Thai chicken stir-fry with quinoa instead of rice.
Snack---Cliff bar
Dinner---grilled salmon steaks/baked potato/two rolls/salad with vinegrette dressing

Afternoon Exercise---swim 700 yards - weights.

Will

#441233 - 07/18/13 03:34 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: Suwanee]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Ok.. Suwanee is my new nutrition role model. Back on the wagon with me.

Page 8 of 25 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 25 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.