Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62521 Topics
438140 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#441388 - 07/19/13 04:27 PM Introduction as a new member
GroovyCelestial Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Hello everyone Im not too sure how the introductions work around here, but my name is Daniel and I am 32 years old. I was abused on a regular basis from age 8-10 by a slightly older boy who lived only a few blocks away from me in the suburbs of Los Angeles. The abuse changed the direction of my life completely from where I seemed to be at beforehand. It has shaped every aspect of my being and still continues to. I have a therapist who is going to be dealing with my abuse with me so I thought it wise to also join an online group of like minded people to share experiences and how others have been able to reclaim their lives. Thank you for giving me this opportunity, Daniel

P.S. Im not sure what happens next or what the next step for me is so any input would be appreciated
One who is learned in the science of God will not find fault with someone for calling out to the Lord with a different name from the name that he uses. Just as the sun has many names in different languages, there's only one sun, in a similar way God is one, although He has many different names...

#441392 - 07/19/13 05:05 PM Re: Introduction as a new member [Re: GroovyCelestial]
Matt195 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Hi Daniel,

I am new here as well. Sorry you had to go through the ordeal but am glad to hear you are in therapy and looking for help and support. From everything I've seen so far, this is a safe place and a great place for what we are needing.

All the best to you!

#441393 - 07/19/13 05:08 PM Re: Introduction as a new member [Re: GroovyCelestial]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
dear GroovyCelestial,

sorry about what happened to you.
glad that you are facing it head on.
very pleased to have you join this online group.

i welcome you and your input.

just my opinion...
i believe this is a good place. i feel safe here.
i spent some time reading the different stories and topics on this forum before i posted anything.
10 years, in fact.
i don't know what was holding me back,
but it was great to know the forum was always there for me study.
it has been an invaluable resource in my own personal recovery.
now, i feel ready to talk about almost everything openly and honestly, while remaining publicly anonymous.
and though my abuse also "changed the direction of my life completely",
i feel like i am in a very good place spiritually now, at 52.
the journey has been a constant dilemma, denial versus disclosure.
sometimes a struggle becomes a battle, but it gets better, and easier every time.
relapse, rebound, repeat.

good news is, the pain is almost gone. it is slowly being replaced with an abiding love.
love is a four letter word i never believed in before.
would not even use it without disdain and derision.
the old me is still there, like a snake in the garden,
but his power over my decisions has greatly diminished.
life for me is not perfect, but it is excellent.

another angle for you to explore...
what some of us have done here, is publish our story on survivor stories.
i posted mine about ten years ago.
just putting it out there really made a huge difference to me.
DISCLAIMER: writing your story might not be what you need to do. do not go there if you are not comfortable.
even reading the stories can be a major trigger.
you will discover situations that are hard to imagine.
i find it helps me to know that other survivors have very similar emotional issues as i do,
regardless of how varied is the individual history of abuse and acting out.
each of us bears his own cross.
when i witness the dignity with which others here carry their burdens, it inspires me.

wishing you hope and health.

War
Love
Poetry

#441396 - 07/19/13 05:27 PM Re: Introduction as a new member [Re: victor-victim]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
p.s.
i highly recommend the poetry section.
i spend hours there.

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.