Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dm13 (39), Jaso (34), liliana888 (43), Raju (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (lostsoul824, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64018 Topics
446776 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#441373 - 07/19/13 03:07 PM four years ago today
sono Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey Guys,

I thought I'd log in since it was four years ago today that I joined MaleSurvivor and finally at age 44 began recovery.

I don't want to sound like a sage voice of wisdom, because I'm not, but for some of you guys who may be earlier on in the process I just wanted to say keep at it guys!! The difference in my life now versus 4 years ago cannot be overstated. The different in my marriage is like night and day. That of course doesn't mean that it was a steady uphill journey at all, but the general trajectory has been unrelentingly positive.

I was able to take a lot of positive steps, like first confronting my abuser in person at the church in my hometown where he works. Later on I turned him in to the diocese and he was immediately fired. He wasn't a priest FYI, but the organist/director of music so just getting rid of him was the quick solution for them...and me too, as no legal proceedings would have been possible.

The biggest single thing I've done to aid recovery was putting together a group of guys from here and other sites with whom I seemed to have a positive support connection as an online private group using the FB function for that. The way those friendships have developed and the support that flows from them is truly indescribable. We get together once a year and this summer will be doing that for the third year running.

I've also done retreat weekends both of MS and other organizations and can really recommend doing something like that for anyone who can.

So, I just wanted to say hang in there, keep working at it and try to always keep yourself moving forward toward figuring out some piece of the abuse bullshit each of us has in our own unique ways. Figuring out the bullshit the abuse teaches us is really what it's all been about for me.

all the best,

Kevin

p.s. if anyone goes and looks at old posts of mine, if anything looks like it was written by a crazy guy...I likely was the day I wrote it. K

#441378 - 07/19/13 03:37 PM ! [Re: sono]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

!

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (02/28/14 09:02 PM)

#441635 - 07/21/13 09:00 PM Re: four years ago today [Re: sono]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
It definitely gets better.

The connections and interaction with my positive support group along with T had made all the difference.

You're the shit, Sono.

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#441718 - 07/22/13 08:20 AM Re: four years ago today [Re: sono]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 05:42 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.