Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
1 registered (sentry), 11 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64165 Topics
447757 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#44129 - 08/04/02 09:43 AM Trust
arghilles Offline

Loc: Stockholm, Sweden
Hi!

I have been wondering. Nowadays I can allow myself to be me most of the time. I have tried so hard to escape me, to avoid being myself. I have been the macho guy, i have been the cute flirtatious guy, but underneath the surface I have never been able to feel good about it. I always wanted to make an impression, wanted to convey an image, someone likable as opposed to me.
Now I really think that I am likeable, as I am, I am ok, nothing wrong with me, I am doing my best and I have the same rights as any other person, except for those who have committed a crime.

My point is that it is quite difficult just being me, cause I am so vulnerable. Mostly I believe that other men want me sexually and that is really hard for me. I still am that victim my father moulded. How can I make this disappear, how can I get some trust back?
I long so much to be accepted as one of the guys in the gang, but the fear makes it difficult to relax.

Also in my mind, there are thoughts: that having sex with other men makes me belong, sort of be accepted. I know that this has to do with what my father did. He only recognized me as a sexual individual. It is like: men do this stuff and it is normal. It means that you are a man.
Sometimes it is the reverse: men shouldn't do those things, it is not normal behaviour and it is disgusting.
I don't know if I am making myself clear now.
These problems come up very often and whatever mood I am in, I always fear men, that is the only regularity in the confusion.

I am dealing with so many emotions, it is hard.
Being heterosexual and still having that problem: I still have to deal with men. They are so threatening.

I know it all is a product of the abuse. If I can trust again, I guess the thoughts, which I think have to do with control will go away. I was brought up in a very special way.

I am sorry if this all got really messy. It is a complicated story. Hopefully some of you will understand some of it.

Erik

#44130 - 08/04/02 05:58 PM Re: Trust
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Eric

Quote:
Now I really think that I am likeable, as I am, I am ok, nothing wrong with me, I am doing my best and I have the same rights as any other person, except for those who have committed a crime.
Write that down in big letters and stick it to the top of the monitor !!!!

Lloydy \:D

#44131 - 08/05/02 02:26 AM Re: Trust
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Trust?????
is that a real word anymore?........I hope to find out one day.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.