Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Asmodeus (31), comeath3 (75), Roy (53), Skeeter (55), tazrad (43), Treehugger75 (39), waterworld (53)
Who's Online
1 registered (Bardo), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63990 Topics
446644 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#441082 - 07/16/13 05:50 PM Re: Me at age 11.. please add yours [Re: StrugglingGuy]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Hey Pero,

It looks like he's collapsing under the weight. He's starting to go down grin

Peace, Rainbows, Love & Healing
<3 XOXO
Jeff

#441084 - 07/16/13 06:13 PM Re: Me at age 11.. please add yours [Re: StrugglingGuy]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey Jeff,
ha ha, it crossed my mind, lol.

Pero

#441100 - 07/16/13 09:51 PM Re: Me at age 11.. please add yours [Re: StrugglingGuy]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey Pero,

I think it shows in the picture that it's crossing Allens mind also. I would love to see what the next picture looked like grin.

We have to ask him if he kept that one.

<3 XOXO
Jeff

#441111 - 07/16/13 10:53 PM Re: Me at age 11.. please add yours [Re: lapchinj]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Thanks. I was encouraged by the comments so I came up with some more pictures.

My other friend Nash

Nash took the picture of the pyramid.

Me getting an ice cream:

#441113 - 07/16/13 11:29 PM Re: Me at age 11.. please add yours [Re: StrugglingGuy]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey Allen,

We had the same truck on our block here in NY. Looks like the same guy or his son also, he has the same white uniform and I'm sure he had a Good Humor hat and he even has one of those coin changers on his belt.

Boy that family gets around.

Jeff

#441224 - 07/17/13 11:35 PM Re: Me at age 11.. please add yours [Re: lapchinj]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: lapchinj
Hey Allen,

We had the same truck on our block here in NY. Looks like the same guy or his son also, he has the same white uniform and I'm sure he had a Good Humor hat and he even has one of those coin changers on his belt.

Boy that family gets around.

Well, you may have a point there. I'm not absolutely sure the boy wearing the striped shirt is me. (The boy in the striped shirt, not the boy in the striped pajamas). For instance, I didn't exactly have this picture stored away in a box somewhere waiting to post it here. I found the picture among others in a thread in facebook which has chains of old pictures.

However, I've been told that the boy looks like me. We lived in a house which looked almost identical to the one in the background on the right. I did have a striped shirt like the one shown. I probably looked like a discouraged kid, which the boy shown here seems to be.

Puff

Edited by pufferfish (07/18/13 12:39 AM)

#441262 - 07/18/13 05:28 PM Re: Me at age 11.. please add yours [Re: pufferfish]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By: pufferfish
I'm not absolutely sure the boy wearing the striped shirt is me.

I don't think it is you, just from other pictures you have posted, could be wrong though

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#441286 - 07/18/13 08:12 PM Re: Me at age 11.. please add yours [Re: king tut]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

OK, Well I will accept that as definitive. The boy in the striped shirt was not me. But that was certainly a weird situation. He looked a lot like me but his head was shaped a little bit differently. He had thick ankles which I don't, and I don't think I ever wore that kind of shoe. So, somewhere there is a man about my age who'se family lived in a house like the one I lived in, lived in the same part of the country with similar trees in the yard, and who also purchased an ice cream from a mobile vendor. It's almost the idea of the parallel universe. Whoever he is, I hope he has dealt with his childhood depression and is feeling better.

Also, I have to amend the idea I projected about the 2 friends pictured. The truth is that after the abuse I got when I was 12, I went to a different school than they did for a year. Also I was increasingly losing my ability to maintain friendships. Severe abuse somehow makes us very brittle in social situations. They asked me to be in the living pyrimid, which made me feel much better. I don't think they knew what was wrong with me. That's what happens to abused kids. My family moved to a different community and they forgot who the boy was at the base of their pyramid on the right. Abused boys just kind of drop out of society and nobody really knows why or where they went. At least that's what happened to me. But just looking at those pictures helps me to come to some important insights. At that time I had little or no understanding of why things were like they were. I had deep amnesia about the abuse and it was many years before I figured out what happened.

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (07/18/13 08:26 PM)

#441288 - 07/18/13 08:27 PM Re: Me at age 11.. please add yours [Re: StrugglingGuy]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey Allen,

Quote:
Well, that's the truth even though it deflates me a little bit.

But at least you can talk about it so that's a plus. Sometimes the truth hurts but that's something we all have to deal with. The truth hurts a lot but it's so good that you can look at it, it will be easier to conquer the pain.

<3 XOXO
Jeff

#441318 - 07/19/13 12:56 AM Re: Me at age 11.. please add yours [Re: pufferfish]
toddop Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: pufferfish
Abused boys just kind of drop out of society and nobody really knows why or where they went. At least that's what happened to me. But just looking at those pictures helps me to come to some important insights. At that time I had little or no understanding of why things were like they were. I had deep amnesia about the abuse and it was many years before I figured out what happened.

Hey Puffer, this is the truth if I ever heard it. Sometimes on this site, you read something that just sums up everything so well. Thanks for giving voice to this. I felt exactly the same way. And I am just now finding out where that abused boy that was me went and what happened to him. And like Jeff says admitting that is the start of getting it all sorted out.

May we all find them and help heal from the things that happened to us!

Todd

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
-Albert Einstein

Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.