Right...I don't think I've ever posted in this section before but I couldn't think of a more appropriate one to post about this.

Today I started rereading an autobiography of Pete Sampras (a tennis legend). What an inspiring read. Self-control, motivation, discipline... What I couldn't help thinking from it was that recovery isn't all just about facing CSA head on but nurturing positive things that you already have in life. Thought I might share a few quotes:

"...I learned to deal with losing without having my spirit or confidence broken..." (p.25)
"I was concentrating on getting better, not winning." (p. 28)
"What I did yesterday no longer mattered. It's always about today and tomorrow." (p. 28)
"I can't stress how important it is to train yourself to seek clarity at moments of doubt. You have to stay calm and have complete faith in your abilities. It takes a strong mind." (p. 43)
"I had come to grips with the Gift, and had learned to deal with the expectations and challenges created by having it." (p. 103)
"...basically, you're only as good as your last win; people often love what you do, while you can do it, but there's nothing really personal about it; many people are interested in you for what you can do for them, not necessarily because of who you are, or even how great you are; you may do special things, but you're nothing special." (p. 256)

There are countless other things I've underlined but I'm just going to leave it here. Any of you guys find sports books inspiring?