Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
12to17 (58), Aaron7712 (48), Defiance Is Best (46), Interpreter (30), Kenn (55), RichardPaulPoill (68), soul (34), Tyler845 (27)
Who's Online
4 registered (Jude, lapchinj, Jay1946, 1 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63808 Topics
445577 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 7 of 26 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 25 26 >
Topic Options
#441097 - 07/16/13 09:31 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
I haven't been on much in the last few days but here is the update....

Sunday I was naughty. I was at my parents house and skipped the exercise. I had blueberry pancakes and bacon for breakfast. I snacked on peanuts all day and didn't have a proper lunch. I drank a bunch of beer and we had big, juicy steaks and mashed potatoes for dinner.

Monday was a mixed bag. I had a protein bar for breakfast and a turkey and ham sandwich for lunch with some pretzels. I ran my normal 3.5 mile run when I got home and had.... ugh.... a frozen pizza for dinner. Didn't have anything else to eat. Yeah, didn't plan that one very well.

Today I had a another protein bar for breakfast and a another turkey and ham sandwich with pretzels for lunch. (That is likely to be the same through Friday.) I got home and ran my 3.5 miles, then grilled up four boneless, skinless chicken breasts which will be my dinner through Friday night along with either a low calorie soup or brown rice. Tonight it is the soup.

#441099 - 07/16/13 09:50 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Originally Posted By: king tut

I definitely know how man vs food can have a big effect Ken! (I love that show! I try not to watch it as it is a bad example!) sometimes days don't work out as well as we expect!

You know, I've actually been to a couple of the places Adam Richman went when he visited Atlanta. One is a place called The Vortex, which I love. They don't have a food challenge there but they do have a burger called The Double Bypass Burger, which I ate when I went there on my 37th birthday. Their website describes it as this......

"Two big half-pound patties, topped with two fried eggs, six slices of American cheese, and eight slices of bacon, served between two grilled cheese sandwiches that we use in place of the regular hamburger buns."

It was amazing. They also serve it with a BUNCH of fries. I ate everything on my plate that night, because I am a little piggy. blush

The other place is called Big Pie In The Sky Pizza in Kennesaw, GA, which is about a mile from my last apartment. That was where he did the challenge on the Atlanta episode. I've been there a couple of times and didn't do the challenge but did have the calzone, which was quite good. smirk Peace,

Ken

#441116 - 07/17/13 12:18 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
A slip up...or a slide...does not mean EVERYTHING is ruined. Good job getting back on the bike!

#441117 - 07/17/13 12:24 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm keeping to it so far. Hard to stay away from peanut butter and jelly....yum

Today I made my routine breakfast 3-egg scramble but I omitted 2 of the eggs and used tofu scrambled in with the one egg. All in all, I didn't miss the 2 eggs and I've kind of acquired a taste for the tofu. I wouldn't recommend it for everyone, as I was raised by "southerners" who doused scrambled eggs with ketchup. It's something that is common in several areas of the southern USA states.

I am wondering if I might have the courage to take my measurements and report them, just to embarrass myself into progress. Truth is, I'm too embarrassed of my measurements at the moment. Maybe I'll be cowardly and post the measurements after I've left them in the past.

Okay, everyone, let's hear YOUR reports...and confessions. ;-)

#441128 - 07/17/13 04:28 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
txb Offline

Got a major hangover. Probably used up my daily calorie intake on alcohol last night. But apart from that I'm doing ok. Today I'm going to set up camp at another beach where you can surf. I dont know what the calorie burn is for surfing but i imagine its quite a lot. That should get rid of the alcohol calories. I plan to stay there till i run out of phone batteries and/or food.

Scrambled tofu is pretty good. Especially with green peppers and onions. Thanks for the idea. I dont have any way to keep stuff cool so it would be the perfect thing to make. Got some vacuum packed tofu that doesnt need chilled.

Thanks for the description of the double bypass burger Ken. That was lovely to read about first thing in the morning when you're hungover. My uncle says it sounds yum though. Then he started a gross conversation about how bacon is made... Did you know i've never ate bacon in my life?

Hopefully today will be a good day. Good luck to everyone else.

#441144 - 07/17/13 08:10 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: BraveFalcon]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Originally Posted By: BraveFalcon

You know, I've actually been to a couple of the places Adam Richman went when he visited Atlanta. One is a place called The Vortex, which I love. They don't have a food challenge there but they do have a burger called The Double Bypass Burger, which I ate when I went there on my 37th birthday. Their website describes it as this......
"Two big half-pound patties, topped with two fried eggs, six slices of American cheese, and eight slices of bacon, served between two grilled cheese sandwiches that we use in place of the regular hamburger buns."
It was amazing. They also serve it with a BUNCH of fries. I ate everything on my plate that night, because I am a little piggy. blush

Bahahaha, that's so nasty but I'm sure it tasted great!

Once I was hanging at a friend's house and her mom cooked dinner. I didn't know what it was until I sat down. It was..... chicken-fried steak, cut open and stuffed with a "ball" of bacon that had been dipped in cheese and deep-fried. You could taste grease just by breathing near it. I really really almost dropped the K-bomb ("not kosher!") to save myself but the girl had seen me eat cheeseburgers so it would have been a clear lie and hurtful. So.... I ate it. It tasted like fried chicken with extra fried-ness.

As for exercise: I love long, long pointless ambling walks. It's 2 miles from my house to the train station and I walk as often as I can. When I still lived in Manhattan, don't know if people here know the geography but I would walk from the World Trade Center to Columbus Circle every day after work, and on weekends I'd usually walk from Washington Heights to Union Square to hang out (but only doing that stretch in daytime).

I just recently found out that this is common behavior among survivors and related to dissociation - finding a repetitive workout activity that's non competitive and you can do on autopilot, typically walking / jogging / running / swimming, and just turning your brain off to wander. This was such an important part of my routine that it may not be a coincidence my severe breakdown last year happened after moving to the suburbs in the death of summer - where you can't walk anywhere and even if you could it was too hot. I was too fully "in" the world for too long with no escape valve.

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#441164 - 07/17/13 01:04 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yargh... a ball of bacon, dipped in cheese and deep-fried? Come to think of it, I bet they'd gobble that up at county fairs.

When I visited New York City I noticed how slim people were in comparison to places where people commute by private car. Maybe they're walking like you. Or, maybe they're following you?! ;-)

#441165 - 07/17/13 01:08 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: txb]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

TXB, never had bacon? You definitely don't have blood from southern states. The cholesterol is permanently embedded in the bloodline of southerners. lol

Alcohol...surfing..camping on beach. Um... lay off the first before you hit the waves!

And don't bury your car keys in the sand. Ya learn. I won't tell how I know that, but just take my word. ;-)

#441167 - 07/17/13 01:13 PM FITNESS TIP FOR NON-GYM MEMBERS [Re: king tut]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

FITNESS TIP FOR NON-GYM MEMBERS

The Home Gym (aerobic exercise, push-ups, pull-ups, etc.)

Bodyweight exercises are the mainstay of the home gym. No equipment required. This is a beautiful thing. Once You have a solid body weight training program in place, you are never without a gym. You are workout ready when visiting Aunt Martha in Cleveland, on a business trip in rainy Seattle or just walking through your local park.

The home gym means no more excuses! Before work, you are at the gym. After work, back at the gym. Might as well work out.

[I should mention, this is a quote from another person's web site, a "normal" guy (not a fitness-produce salesman) in his fifties who is sharing how he got back into good physical shape in middle age.]

#441171 - 07/17/13 01:41 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Page 7 of 26 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 25 26 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.