Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63396 Topics
443246 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#440915 - 07/15/13 03:27 AM Anxiety and girls
kinghenri Offline

Loc: Tucson Arizona
Well.
I'm afraid of girls. I have a date Tuesday with a nice looki and I'm nervous.

I see that she's pretty and I wouldn't mind it but there's that thing...

Oh yeah. That whole got molested throughout childhood. Damn that thing. It's gonna fuck it up.

I have so many negative feelings that come up just having an erection. Not to mention being naked and vulnerable with someone.

I know if I kiss her I'll want it. My body will react and I'll want it but it's still confusing. I just want a girlfriend. I don't want to completely immerse myself in her like I did the last one. That lasted 3 years and we both walked away.with broken hearts.

I know I derseve a shot at love though. Just like anyone else.

-Desperado
Plagued by constant misery,
Their eyes cast down,
Fixed upon the ground,
Their eyes cast down

I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

#440950 - 07/15/13 02:42 PM Re: Anxiety and girls [Re: kinghenri]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Hey kh,

Hold on fellow survivor, relief is coming, including a relationship that will get you what you want, support and loving care. I personally find talking to the eyes as a way to stay present, not to be launched into the past where I needed to please or I would be abandoned. Please consider finding what you like in this girl, a friendly trait such as if she is into sports, then you like her being into sports. Talk to that, sports, exercise, being fit and healthy. If she is active in music, charities or banking, find what you are comfortable with in those areas and be with the "friend". Make sure you mention your passions as well, and if she has any knowledge/interest in them. That may be a good time to interject something about supporting abuse survivors without sharing the whole story.

You are a healthy guy who is looking for an equal, someone who can support you in your goals and who can support a partner in her goals so that both of you are successful. If you find yourself feeling like a second class citizen, take a moment and ask yourself why "in the present" you are feeling this way. You will discern your triggers and can move to center and ground yourself, leaving yourself more room to be aware of how you are feeling and acting.

Most importantly, the worry is worse than the activity. We cannot do anything while we worry, but we can take action to make sure the activity is moving the way everyone involved wants it to go. We are good that way, we can work in a group to a common goal and be successful, even if that group is a two.

Much success to you king, I am looking forward to your sharing how you date went, make sure afterwards that you consider if she could be the right one or if indeed, she is just another pretty face ;),

Sam

PS. Breathe!

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.