Newest Members
GoodKiwi, Naeno, stillhere35, RKS, Albertus
12557 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
2dayistheday (34), 4LaurenAline2 (48), akn (61), barrington (65), Gideonfl (52), James Michael (57), Obi (44), tu (46), Vedder32 (34), yoga_mom (46)
Who's Online
5 registered (Bluedogone, Bardo, Rich1967, AlexBoyd, 1 invisible), 25 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12557 Members
73 Forums
64446 Topics
450131 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 8 of 26 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25 26 >
Topic Options
#441189 - 07/17/13 05:47 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I love hearing all your naughty food stories! Brilliant stuff!

Today my food problem, strangely, has been not eating enough food! I missed breakfast (I had 3 marshmallows- don't ask I don't know why, I have marshmallows under my guard from camp and I can't help myself).

Got to work, was going to have a cup of coffee to wake-up but got stuck doing some work, worked through lunch-time, was feeling very hungry, but then I got interested in some work and I just kept on going. Got home about 6.30pm, ate left-over curry, then cooked some chicken and roast potatoes. I think the chicken seemed quite fatty- but I don't know why, it was just chicken cooked in the oven.

But I did my exercise tonight, and I increased the reps! I increased the amount of press-ups slightly, and also a few more weights and knee-ups.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#441190 - 07/17/13 05:48 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: WriterKeith]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: WriterKeith

BRILLIANT! I love the video, haven't seen that for ages! definitely put a smile on my face!!!

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#441191 - 07/17/13 05:53 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

I agree that you don't need much equipment if any. I have a dip station, dumbbells, ankle weights, and a pull-up bar in my door frame- but the majority of the exercises I do I could probably do in some other way just using household furniture.

When I first started exercising it was based on a youtube video where a guy shows you that all you need in terms of exercise equipment for most exercises is a sofa (not just sitting on it lol).

#441196 - 07/17/13 06:31 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Ah man, I fell off the wagon. I had a hot toasted bagel with peanut butter and jam for lunch. It was so good and I was so hungry I had a second.

Then, there was this last lonely bagel in the bag....that lasted 3 hours. It "somehow disappeared" after a stint in the toaster and being slathered with butter and honey. mmmmmm...I wonder what happened to it.

Now I feel like a bloated goat.

I'm going to an industry reception tonight. I'll pass by the food as penance for my caloric crimes today.

#441201 - 07/17/13 08:57 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: SoccerStar]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Originally Posted By: SoccerStar

Bahahaha, that's so nasty but I'm sure it tasted great!

It tasted amazing! That same restaurant has a burger called the Fat Elvis. The description from the restaurant's menu...

"Slathered with a King-sized helpiní of smooth peanut butter, bacon, and fried bananas. Now thatís what we call Takiní Care of Business."

Yeah, no shit. Apparently Elvis had a fondness for burgers with bacon, peanut butter and bananas, which is the basis for the recipe. No way would I ever try that one. I am an adventurous eater but not that adventurous.

Originally Posted By: SoccerStar
I just recently found out that this is common behavior among survivors and related to dissociation - finding a repetitive workout activity that's non competitive and you can do on autopilot, typically walking / jogging / running / swimming, and just turning your brain off to wander.

I don't need to have repetitive exercise to turn my brain off to wander, but I guess it helps to at least be doing something while my brain is in that state, which is most of the time. crazy

Today it was a protein bar for breakfast, a ham and turkey sandwich with some pretzels for lunch and another grilled chicken breast with soup for dinner. At the gym I did a 10 minute warm-up on the elliptical, worked my biceps, forearms and back for about an hour, then finished with ten minutes on the elliptical and three minute cool-down. Peace,

Ken

#441205 - 07/17/13 09:29 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: WriterKeith]
Suwanee Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Hey now!
Not all of us eat like that---just most of us. Actually, the best, best biscuits ever ARE made with lard. You just don't eat them every day---more like once or twice a year. Everything in moderation---except maybe crack or ricin.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#441207 - 07/17/13 09:31 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: WriterKeith]
Suwanee Offline
MaleSurvivor

Keith,

Have you tried an egg white omelet? My wife swears by them...and they are pretty good and lighter than the regular rendition.

Will

Ruins of a past unknown-

#441210 - 07/17/13 09:46 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: Suwanee]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Originally Posted By: Suwanee
Hey now!
Everything in moderation---except maybe crack or ricin.

Mmmmmmmm..... crack. smirk

#441212 - 07/17/13 09:56 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
Suwanee Offline
MaleSurvivor

Today:

Breakfast--Cheerios and a banana.
Snack---fresh bing cherries.
Lunch--leftover Thai chicken stir-fry with quinoa instead of rice.
Snack---Cliff bar
Dinner---grilled salmon steaks/baked potato/two rolls/salad with vinegrette dressing

Afternoon Exercise---swim 700 yards - weights.

Will

Ruins of a past unknown-

#441233 - 07/18/13 03:34 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: Suwanee]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Ok.. Suwanee is my new nutrition role model. Back on the wagon with me.

Page 8 of 26 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25 26 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.