Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
3 registered (Bardo, OCN, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63648 Topics
444523 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#440562 - 07/10/13 12:03 PM I am disgusted.
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
I found an article on Yahoo which I posted about here. I am just blown away by how many commentors on there spoke of how lucky the boy was to be sexually abused by an adult female. People were verbally high-fiving this kid. I finally screamed at all of them in a post in the comments about how now this boy will have to deal with the rage, shame and humiliation over what this female adult in authority did to him. People proceeded to thumb-down my post, but I don't care. I am just angry at all of them.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#440567 - 07/10/13 01:38 PM . [Re: FormerTexan]
JoeSmith Offline

#440570 - 07/10/13 01:53 PM Re: I am disgusted. [Re: JoeSmith]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Quote:
Try being the male victim of sexual abuse perpetrated by women in your own family, such as your mother..

I can relate.

Quote:
Even many men on this site donít understand female on male sexual abuse

This is where I hope that we all work together to be understanding and supportive. We all have different perpetrators and situations, though some of us have walked in similar shoes with others.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#440583 - 07/10/13 04:27 PM Re: I am disgusted. [Re: FormerTexan]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
I agree with Former Texan on this. no, society does not understand female perpetrators of s/xual abuse, especially violent and sadistic ones, however if anyone is likely to understand or at least have enough imaginative empathy to work it out, the guys hear are a good start, heck even in the female perps corner my abusers were virtual strangers not family members, they were even my own age as well, however that doesn't mean I don't have the ability to sympathise with someone abused by his mother, ---- or fatherfor that matter.

Society is indeed wrong on this, all part of a culture of sexism against men that is utterly unrecognized most of the time, but the point that we internalise that universal attitude and say "nobody understands so I'll not discuss this with anyone!" is the point that nobody will.

Again, hurray for Ms, and for people like Former Texan who make sure things are said even to people who don't want to hear.

Heck, if I hadn't found the artical on Wikipedia admitting female rape of a man and directing me to ms, god knows where I'd be now.

#440605 - 07/10/13 09:38 PM Re: I am disgusted. [Re: FormerTexan]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

I just posted this comment....

"Here are the facts as I see them. Just like anyone else accused of a crime in this country, Lisa Davis deserves her day in court and deserves to be treated as innocent until proven guilty. If she is proven guilty, she deserves to be treated just as harshly as a male teacher who molests a 10 year old student. Oh, and her victim is no more "lucky" than a 10 year old female or male victim of a male predator is. If you disagree with me fine.... you're an idiot. Go drag your knuckles back into the cave you waddled out of and die there"

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.