Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63189 Topics
441846 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#440389 - 07/08/13 04:01 PM Bio and Questions
SKander Offline

I am a 54 year old never married, no children. I raised my brother's son. I have a masters in Elect Eng. I have an apartment/house rental business my father left, that I run with my sister. I take care of maintenance and she takes care of tenant relations, which I suck at.

I don't want to say anymore until I learn all the terms and what is permitted and what's not. Will my posts be reviewed prior to posting so it doesn't upset anyone? My understanding is that it will. When I first went chat jj talked to me in a small message box. It kind of surprised me. I was trying to get here. I chatted but may have violated some rules. As you might be able to tell I am a little nervous.

#440427 - 07/09/13 02:48 AM Re: Bio and Questions [Re: SKander]
Cthulhu Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cascadia
Hello, I am pretty new here too.

The rules as far as I get them are don't act out in a violent or threatening way, don't post explicit sexual material, and don't try to be rude or hurtful.

I am not sure how useful I find this site yet. But, I talked to people who are processing things in a similar way to me or read someones thoughts on something MS related that provided me some personal insight. So I guess it has been good. Other times I find I read something that brings about negative thought patterns so I have to be careful.

As for terms here is what I have learned:
T: Therapist
MS: Male survivor
Perp: Perpetrator
CSA: Childhood Sexual Abuse

Hope this message finds you well smile

Feel free to send me a message if you wanna talk.

some context

#440430 - 07/09/13 04:27 AM Re: Bio and Questions [Re: SKander]
newground Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: michigan
hey skander
welcome to M.S. we are glad you have found us here and hope it proves to be a very positive experience in every way. this is a moderated environment so that the things posted here are sometimes moved to a different section, or edited due to hurtful or inflammatory language but this is in my estimation quite rare. generally it is a safe place to post your feelings and even vent if needed. often if the content is very emotional we will post
a " trigger warning" in our posts to help others be aware that it may trigger emotionally. just relax man you are among people who get it. feel free to look around and to chat as you feel comfortable and feel free to message me if you feel that would be helpful
heal well
Jeff
Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
Herman Melville

#440432 - 07/09/13 05:24 AM Re: Bio and Questions [Re: SKander]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hello SKamder and welcome to Male Survivor.
Originally Posted By: SKander
I don't want to say anymore until I learn all the terms and what is permitted and what's not. Will my posts be reviewed prior to posting so it doesn't upset anyone? My understanding is that it will.

There is official approval of post if they are made in part of discussion board for example called Survivor Stories or Progress Forum. Site guidelines are here
For chat there are no many rules except to avoid being offensive, it should be avoided giving any personal contacts off-site because of safety and we all should be tolerant and respectful for others - that is in short.
Please be free to explore the site and get use to it.
If there would be any need for some support you can contact me or any of moderators.
Welcome one more time wink

Pero

Edited by peroperic2009 (07/09/13 05:25 AM)

#440478 - 07/09/13 05:23 PM Re: Bio and Questions [Re: SKander]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 05:26 PM)

#440764 - 07/13/13 03:47 AM Re: Bio and Questions [Re: SKander]
SKander Offline

Thanks for everyone's kind replies. This site has already helped me in that in a lot of ways my experiences were a little unusual, my reaction to them was not. I posted my story. Writing it down really helped to make some connections, although it didn't come out exactly the way I wanted.

#440768 - 07/13/13 08:24 AM Re: Bio and Questions [Re: SKander]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
SKander -

thank you for sharing your story in the other forum. i read it and it moved me. i'm sure there must be many who can relate to what you experienced in one way or another. i hope you will continue to join in the discussions in other forums. it really does help - both the writer and the readers.

lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#440792 - 07/13/13 05:45 PM Re: Bio and Questions [Re: SKander]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
welcome to the website.
hope you find what you need, here and everywhere.

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.