Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 11 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447690 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#440172 - 07/05/13 09:59 PM Wade Robson in the News...
Nicco Offline

Hi, this is my first time here. I don't know if any of you have heard about the choreographer Wade Robson accusing Michael Jackson of sexual abuse? He says Jackson molested him between the ages of 7-14. Three people even gave statements to police about seeing him molested as a child.

His story resonated with me. Wade loved his abuser, his abuser convinced him what they were doing was an expression of their love. He was threatened that if he told what happened, both of their lives would be destroyed. MJ brainwashed Wade so much that it wasn't until he was an adult with a child of his own when he realized how wrong Jackson's behavior was. He dealt with anxiety issues, had a couple of nervous breakdowns, and needed a lot of therapy.

Basically, if you take away the celebrity aspect, his story is identical to my story. It SHOULD give me courage, but it's done just the opposite. Since coming forward, he's been harassed, received death threats, malicious lies are being spread about him. He is hated by millions. When I see this happen to someone who spoke about their abuse, it makes me want to stay silent. At least when you're silent people won't hate or judge you. I feel for what he's going through and worry about the message it's sending to survivors of sexual abuse.

#440198 - 07/06/13 06:57 AM Re: Wade Robson in the News... [Re: Nicco]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Dear Nicco -

it took tremendous courage for Wade to come forward and speak publicly. you have shown that same courage by posting this message. i am sorry that your stories were similar as boys but i hope your stories will differ from this point on. you have found a place that is generally safe, supportive and healing - and can expect to receive understanding and compassion from the members here.

welcome - and may you find hope and comfort here.
lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#440204 - 07/06/13 08:43 AM Re: Wade Robson in the News... [Re: Nicco]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
The people who blindly support Michael Jackson even with all of the evidence are deluded. There are many celebrity obsessed people in the world who's minds work in an inexplicably disturbing manner. Yes, probably millions as you say. What these people think does not matter in one way, although their behaviour does have a real effect on the people involved as you describe. My hope is that one day they will realise how wrong and cruel they are- lets just hope their complacency and ignorance doesn't allow future cases that may affect them or their children. These are hard battles, but they are worth fighting.

Nicco, I am sorry to hear about your circumstances, and hope you are able to open up on these boards and find some guidance.

Take things at your own pace, and only do things as you feel you can, but don't be dismayed, history is full of opposition especially when the outcome is so important and significant. The struggle will be remembered. It takes time, sometimes generations for populations to come in-line with what is clearly right, but that doesn't mean we stop fighting. The courage is in you, the strength is in you, sometimes we think we lose it, but it is there, and with a little guidance we rise above mountains.

I would also note that in general the case of Michael Jackson is not typical- here in the UK many top level politicians/actors/celebrities etc in the past year have been accused of sexually abusing children (stemming from all of the police operations from the Jimmy Saville investigations, and from the boys home cases in Wales), and the public has not held them up respectably just because of their positions (as they did with Michael). A proper process has taken place (although it has been a bit of a witch-hunt and handled poorly in some ways- naming the accused publicly and then withdrawing the accusations).

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#440210 - 07/06/13 09:43 AM Re: Wade Robson in the News... [Re: Nicco]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Hi Nicco. I'm glad you are here but sorry you have a reason to be here. Just so you know, I've believed the accusations against MJ since they first started in the early 90's. In fact, believe it or not, I even had my suspicions about him before the first accusations were made. I guess I understand why a lot of people defended MJ at first but now I can't help but see anyone who still believes in his innocence as just an MJ worshiper who will never believe he was anything but misunderstood, no matter how much evidence you showed them. I feel sorry for Wade Robson but I hope he knows there are people out there like me who believe him and support him. Also, I applaud his courage and strength for coming forward in the face of what he must have known was going to be a public backlash against him. I hope he can be an inspiration to other CSA survivors for that very reason.

Originally Posted By: Nicco

Basically, if you take away the celebrity aspect, his story is identical to my story. It SHOULD give me courage, but it's done just the opposite. Since coming forward, he's been harassed, received death threats, malicious lies are being spread about him. He is hated by millions. When I see this happen to someone who spoke about their abuse, it makes me want to stay silent.

Don't stay silent. Especially not here. No matter what happened and no matter who your abuser was, people here will believe you and support you. Also, if your abuser is still out there, he may still be hurting others in the way he hurt you and you have the power to make it stop. Even if your abuser happens to be powerful and well respected in the community, you can beat him and you can take him down. Just like Sandusky's victims beat him and took him down. Whatever you decide to to, I hope you will stick with us here at MS. I wish you luck in your healing process. Take care. Peace,

Ken

#440646 - 07/11/13 12:52 PM Re: Wade Robson in the News... [Re: Nicco]
Nicco Offline

Thanks for your support. What's happening to Wade makes me upset with the lack of empathy people have for survivors of child sexual abuse. I can't understand why he's receiving so much hatred. It depresses me. I joined a facebook page called "Wade Robson Supporters", but it's mostly Michael Jackson fans posting about what a saint Michael was and what liars his victims are. What's happening to Wade sends out a terrible message-if you tell everyone will hate you and call you a liar.

#440655 - 07/11/13 02:35 PM Re: Wade Robson in the News... [Re: Nicco]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 05:30 PM)

#440677 - 07/11/13 08:18 PM Re: Wade Robson in the News... [Re: Nicco]
GoldStone Offline

Loc: Far East
at least the staff of so you think you can dance are behind him. they voiced support on the air.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.