Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, Sojourn Survivor, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63580 Topics
444204 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#440112 - 07/05/13 04:30 AM bad few weeks
bass drummer Offline

Loc: new zealand
Hey guys i have had a bed few weeks i have had triggers left right and center most of them are hard to work out but i try to run and hide from most of them by playing pokies (slots) but i no how bad that can be and i know i have a problem but i dont know how to help my self because of my lack of self motervaition and self conferdince.

i know gambling is bad and over the last 2 weeks alone i have spent over $600 and i have but myself in the shit but i know i need to sort this out but i just dont know how.

i have been trying to sort this out for well over 5 years and i am getting to the end of the line any advice would well used and support would be much welcomed

thanks in advance Carl
And we can learn to live again

#440155 - 07/05/13 06:37 PM Re: bad few weeks [Re: bass drummer]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Hi Carl. I hope you are doing a little better now than you were when you wrote this. I am sorry things are not going well for you right now. I know gambling addiction is a very serious thing that has ruined a lot of lives. I wish I could offer some advice but I don't really have any personal experience with gambling addictions. (Booze is my personal crutch.) Being an eternal pessimist I've never done much gambling because I figure I'll just loose. I suppose if there is an upside to being a pessimist, that's it. I have to admit though that I did go a little crazy with the slots the one and only time I've ever been to Vegas. Pour enough booze down my throat and even I'll start shoving money in those damn machines.

Hopefully there is someone here who has had a similar situation and can offer you better advise than I can. Also, there is always Gamblers Anonymous if you haven't already considered talking to someone there. Good luck in dealing with this. Take Care. Peace,

Ken

Edited by BraveFalcon (07/05/13 06:39 PM)

#440284 - 07/07/13 02:22 PM Re: bad few weeks [Re: bass drummer]
peacemaker67 Offline

Loc: WI
Hey Carl,
I feel your pain...I have had some extremely difficult times the past year or two with episodes where I shut everyone in my life out. I think you should not condemn yourself for your vice, as even though it may be "bad", condemnation only brings setbacks.
Reaching out is the first step, or continuance of the journey, depending on where you are.
"Processing" your thoughts is very important, and when you are struggling yourself, chatting or talking with someone, or even working through the DBs like this is a good way to get input and help you feel supported and know you are not alone. Just the fact that I don't feel alone empowers me greatly. People are here for you...if you want to PM me go ahead...keep your chin up, and if you can, give yourself a hug.
Blessings,
Steve
-Love is love when it is free; love is love when others don't feed on you as a "need". If we reach one person with betterment, and in turn that one reaches another, what power we have to change the world."

#440312 - 07/07/13 05:55 PM Re: bad few weeks [Re: bass drummer]
bass drummer Offline

Loc: new zealand
Thanks guys i know the feeling of beening alone steve as i moved away from everybody that i had the most support from and i think that was my way of shutting people out.

Now i know that i have done it i try to get back to the people that supported me most by driving 100km most weekends but with the gambling i cant do it anymore and thats why i want to sort it out and also i want to buy a house

carl
And we can learn to live again

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.