Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
2 registered (hike1972, 1 invisible), 31 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63646 Topics
444504 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#439947 - 07/03/13 06:34 PM for parents of adult survivors
indygal Offline

how about a forum for parents trying to help adult male children deal with recent revelations about their own csa?

I know the family and friends forum is here but it's mostly boyfriends/husband issues discussed. I would like to think a parents of adult men forum would be helpful not just for the parents, but also for the men who would like a way to get their parents to understand, to have someone to talk to and see the healing process for themselves.

for me, I want very much to encourage my adult son to come to the ms forum and at the same time, it would be helpful for him to know not only is he not alone, but the kinds of issues parents have to deal with in helping our children heal. does that make sense?

anyway, I would appreciate it and hopefully, others would learn about it and could share and become better informed and educated

#442175 - 07/25/13 09:35 PM Re: for parents of adult survivors [Re: indygal]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
We will include this at the next WOC meeting.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#444882 - 08/20/13 10:57 PM Re: for parents of adult survivors [Re: FormerTexan]
WebsiteCommittee Offline

After WOC discussion, it was best decided that the Family and Friends forum would cover this. It would be better not to limit a forum to just parents, since all family and friends of survivors can learn from each other.

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.