Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
3 registered (TOM2, 0128, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64189 Topics
447922 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 ... 25 26 >
Topic Options
#439834 - 07/02/13 08:04 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Ok, this evening after work I hit the gym and started with 10 minutes of warm-up cardio on the elliptical. I then spent the next hour or so working on my biceps, forearms and back. I finished up with ten more minutes of cardio on the elliptical and a three minute cool-down. When I got home I had a 10 oz protein shake. (30 g of protein.) Tonight for dinner it will be a boneless, skinless chicken breast with brown rice and a side of avocado. Yummy!

Oh, and tomorrow I am probably taking the day off from working out. smile

Edited by BraveFalcon (07/02/13 10:13 PM)

#439881 - 07/03/13 06:12 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Yes this is great- recording our exercise (or lack of it)- this will help a lot I think. you are doing well BraveFalcon! I like it that you are taking note of what you eat too- I need to do that!

I haven't quite got into my exercise bit yet- I took Nytol 50mg last night, and strangely it seemed to help my sleep! although I didn't get up on-time, but now tomorrow is my last iteration meaning I expect to be up bright and early for exercise!!! yey!

I am not a gym person- but I have weights and things at home to use, I bought them with good intentions and did use them for a bit.

Today I had a banana and egg pancake for breakfast. That is all so far.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#439882 - 07/03/13 06:24 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
GoldStone Offline

Loc: Far East
i'm doing 'couch to 5k' right now. mobile app. its great.

#439883 - 07/03/13 06:33 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Okay,

I'll join in here...good idea KT.

Yesterday I had every intention of exercising after work, but I had a full day of meetings, so I stayed a little late to get real work done. Because of my knees, I do low-impact stuff like the elliptical. My true love is swimming, so that's my go-to for cardio.

Right now I'm on my way to the pool to swim laps. I plan on swimming 500-750 meters. Breakfast is already planned to be a protein shake, Cheerios, a banana, and peanut butter on a toasted English muffin.

This afternoon, I'm lifting weights...biceps, triceps, pecs, shoulders...

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#439898 - 07/03/13 09:39 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
BuffaloCO Offline

Loc: USA
There are some good suggestions here. KT brings up another good thing, watching what we eat. I don't do well at that but you can't count on a high metabolism forever either. It seems like the key to exercise is to find something you like doing, no matter if it's running, swimming, walking or whatever.

Edited by BuffaloCO (07/03/13 11:49 AM)
Edit Reason: off topic sorry

#439915 - 07/03/13 02:43 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Will, I also like swimming! although haven't gone for maybe 3 years, besides in the sea. I might get back into that. I'm not sure why I stopped, I guess life gets in the way sometimes. I'm going to try to do my exercise before work because of the problem you describe.

I do want to try to build some muscle, and have a fair idea of the exercises I want to do to get what I want.
I think a good mix with cardio is the best way.

I didn't have lunch today- and opted to pick up two chicken sandwiches from a shop on the way home (warm pre-cooked stuff- basically fast food), which probably wasn't the healthiest option.

I don't think I need to eat anything else today- i'm feeling like I have been eating too much lately.

So if all goes well- tomorrow morning I will do some exercise.

Will, why such a big breakfast?

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#440006 - 07/04/13 03:20 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Got up at 7am today, that's good for me lately, and a good improvement from yesterday. Still feels really far away from my 5am aim.

My plan

Wake 5am
Recover, Eat Breakfast, Fully wake up

Exercise 6am
Mix of calisthenics and weights (maybe do just cardio every third day)
Some days will be rest days.
Then shower, and go to work.

That is the dream lol. I don't think I can jump to a 5am wake- I've tried. 7am is as far as I have got so far. So 6am is my next target. Tomorrow morning i'm aiming for 6am.

How many rest days do you recommend?

#440050 - 07/04/13 12:27 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
txb Offline

Getting up in the morning is my biggest problem. I sleep really badly and I usually get up about 10:30am. Or later. I'd be happy if I could get out of bed before 10. Maybe you could try getting up 5 or 10 minutes earlier everyday till you reach 5am? I know it will take longer but it will be less brutal. (maybe I should take my own advice.)

I have no motivation to do anything right now but I'd like to do the Stronglifts 5x5 program again. We (me, my dad, my uncle and one of my friends) started it last year and we all had pretty good results. My dad got his body fat from 22% to 14% in only a couple of months, which I thought was pretty impressive. If I at least got the weights out it would be a start. Maybe they'll all want to start again. It does really help when you've got other people to help keep you motivated.

#440057 - 07/04/13 02:56 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: Suwanee]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Originally Posted By: Suwanee

Right now I'm on my way to the pool to swim laps. I plan on swimming 500-750 meters.

Man, I would love to be able to swim laps on a regular basis but my gym doesn't have a pool. My parents have one but they live about an hour away. I've thought about switching gyms to one with a pool just so I can swim laps but the guy who runs my gym has been really super cool to me about letting me slide and forgiving me late fees when I don't pay my dues in time, so I'd feel kind of bad to ditch out on him.

Today I went to the gym and, as usual, started with a 10 minute warm-up on the elliptical. Then, I spent about an hour and a half working on my chest, triceps and shoulders. I finished with another 10 minutes of cardio on the elliptical and a three minute cool-down.

I am cheating with the food today. It's a holiday, so fuck it. I'm about to go out and get some hot wings and fries and I have two 68 oz growlers full of draft IPA to wash them down with. Yum-A-Dum-Dum! cool Peace,

Ken

#440063 - 07/04/13 04:09 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
KT,

That's a pretty typical breakfast. It's not so big. I tend to go for high protein with little or no meat for breakfast. I try to get dairy, grains, and some kind of fruit. Every so often I will have a bacon biscuit, but usually it is an English muffin with ham if I go that route.

My weakness is carbohydrates. I love bread. For my metabolism, the key is lean protein and a moderate intake of carbs. I also take medicine for ADHD which tends to lower my appetite, so I load up in the morning since I'm not overly hungry at lunch (when the meds are in effect). In the afternoon I eat a Cliff bar or drink a protein shake to hold me until dinner. For dinner, we tend to eat a lot of grilled fish or chicken, pasta...that sort of thing.

Right now, I've cracked the code to my metabolic needs. If that changes, then all bets are off. I'm holding at 170-175 pounds (6 feet tall) which is down about 8 pounds since starting up the ADHD meds again.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

Page 2 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 ... 25 26 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.