Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Asmodeus (31), comeath3 (75), Roy (53), Skeeter (55), tazrad (43), Treehugger75 (39), waterworld (53)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 20 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63991 Topics
446642 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#439429 - 06/28/13 04:36 AM Happy Little Things
sweet_summer Offline

Dear survivors,
What are your happy moments in life?

#439448 - 06/28/13 12:48 PM Re: Happy Little Things [Re: sweet_summer]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 04:57 PM)

#439571 - 06/30/13 09:19 AM Re: Happy Little Things [Re: sweet_summer]
sweet_summer Offline

Your words are beautiful bodyguard, it is full of hope and hope is what I want to hear right now.
Life is beautiful, and I do think that you, as survivors, are able to appreciate that beauty of life in a different level.

#439580 - 06/30/13 12:40 PM Re: Happy Little Things [Re: sweet_summer]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

sweet_summer,

I read this thread this morning, and I spent an hour or so thinking back on the good times I've had. Thank you, it's made my day. I thought I'd share some with you:

- Night in the countryside of Slovakia, up in the late hours under the Milky Way, catching dozens and dozens of shooting stars
- Feeling euphoric after a good cigar
- Listening to music in my head and often choking up or even crying
- Getting my face licked all over by the dog when I was lodging with a friend
- Watching the sun set in the Grand Canyon
- Laughing so hard I couldn't breathe and my stomach hurt
- Playing soccer, scoring an awesome goal and high-fiving my teammates
- Making friends laugh
- Small-talk with waiters at the coffee shop
- Seeing a huge, glowing, yellow full moon whilst driving through the highway in the States
- Hugs from friends
- Acing or hitting a winner in tennis
- Seeing a rainbow touch down on both ends in a park in London
- Reading a book and feeling that I can relate to a character
- Conducting a symphony with a chopstick, listening to my iPod at 4 in the morning
- Reaching the peak after a strenuous hike
- Playing "I never" with a couple of teenagers, having to drink over and over because they kept saying "I've never had a 19th birthday" "I've never had a 20th birthday" "I've never had a 21st birthday" etc.
- Playing chess with locals back in high school
- Sleepovers
- Teaching piano for free, and getting a nice cup of coffee and a piece of cake in return
- A surprise visit from a friend who I'd lost contact with for over a year
- Knowing I've made a difference in someone's life
- Lifting up the spirits of a dejected kid, seeing him smile and petting him on the head
- Train rides throughout Europe

...I've managed to write down a lot more but I won't go into all of them. Thanks again - in the midst of all this CSA crap it's easy to forget the good memories.

My Story

Growing up isn't about losing innocence - it's about learning how to keep it in a cold and unforgiving world.

#439629 - 07/01/13 12:28 AM Re: Happy Little Things [Re: sweet_summer]
sweet_summer Offline

Dear Husky, do you know you also made my day with your post? I read it and I can help smiling. I am thinking about my loved one and think that he also has many wonderful moments in his life too, despite of what happened.

#439699 - 07/01/13 07:01 PM Re: Happy Little Things [Re: sweet_summer]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
After slaving away organising cub camps, to stand back for a moment to "take things in", to stand back and see all the kids around the fires, cooking marshmallows, chatting to each other, laughing and having fun. It makes me so proud, and i think about all of the good in the world, and it makes all of the hard work worthwhile.

The moment (in science) when you are working on something inane for ages, maybe months, trying to get something to work, and then finally something works (or kind of works) and you get so happy and feel butterflies in your stomach, and you draw a big smiley face on your lab-book, and you feel like crying your so happy, and you realise how stupid it is for you to be so happy about getting a certain number out or a certain result that others would look at and wouldn't even think twice about, and then you start laughing at yourself about being so happy about something that should be so insignificant, and you feel a huge relief. You walk home smiling (and still laughing inside).

When you inspire a child (in this instant in science), that is the most amazing feeling.

(maybe my examples aren't "little things", but they are happy moments that come to mind recently)

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#441172 - 07/17/13 01:43 PM Re: Happy Little Things [Re: sweet_summer]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
this thread deserves to be bumped up!!!

a couple of things i have appreciated in a new and big way since returning to the US:

watching CLOUDS change shape - so different in different parts of the world. the ones i see here in the mid-west are more various - and change more continuously and quickly - and seems to have greater depth and height than what i usually saw where i lived before. LOVIN IT!

eating BERRIES - all kinds: straw, blue, rasp, black... so DELICIOUS! i enjoyed the mangoes, pineapple, bananas, papayas in the tropics - but we couldn't get berries - and i've missed them for 5 years. and peaches, and plums, and sweet corn...

driving on SMOOTH ROADS - where (most) people (usually) follow the rules. such a sense of ease and pleasure and freedom!
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#441185 - 07/17/13 04:36 PM ! [Re: sweet_summer]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

!

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (02/28/14 08:59 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.