Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
1 registered (dan_in_newengland), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443084 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#437473 - 06/08/13 10:01 PM Forgive and we shall be forgiven
Davoice Offline

Loc: Western, New York
I am finding that through my studies and reading The Basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth aka "The Bible" it has been talked about so much and I never could grasp the concept of forgiveness until now. Forgiveness is a gift you must give yourself. First it frees your mind from resentments and anger it is not a requirement that you be forgiven by anyone else. However, once you forgive yourself you lift the anger vale that covers your eyes and Heart and allows god to come in and heal what ever ails you. one of the most important things to remember is that God has already forgiven you of all your sins once you have confessed that Jesus Christ is your lord and savior. our resentments and unwillingness to forgive ourselves and others at the same time keep us from getting closer to God the true miracle worker and healer. it was hard for me to forgive my attacker it has taken a very long time and a lot of prayer but it is worth it to know that the almighty has forgiven me. until later God Bless and your in my prayers

James

#437479 - 06/08/13 10:22 PM Re: Forgive and we shall be forgiven [Re: Davoice]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I love the thought and I have been working through forgiveness. Sometimes harder to do but when bitterness reigns it only holds one back. I only have bitterness towards one person, the ba***ard that took my childhood and life. I know I must let go if I want to move forward. I am working on this but the anger toward him will never be 100% gone.

I have been in a turbulent life for many years. Despite the effects of CSA on my life, I still love my children and always will despite how they feel. My wife, soon to be former wife gave me four beautiful children and many years of happiness until we and I unraveled from family illnesses and death and CSA that separated us. Memories do not exist as to what I did in my states to escape pain and hurt and her inability to respond to my cries for help-verbal and written--leave us with such a disconnect that it could not be bridged. Thus, we are now no longer--a combination. Her ways made me feel like a fourth class citizen and my CSA--where I was lost to my abuser and what he did and my child's feelings of love toward the abuser. made her feel like a fourth class citizen. Despite our differences and how we see the events of our lives, she will also have a spot in my heart. It is sad the pain and hurt that can come from CSA and family illnesses and death and the impact it has on lives.

But for me, I no longer see the abuser as love and the part of me that loved him and only believed that love came from what he did is becoming part of me--I no longer disown this part but I am beginning to love him, the child within-maybe I will be whole like everyone else. I am healing and I only can hope those around me will have happy and fulfilling lives.

I also need to forgive myself. I have anxiety of not knowing what I may have done in my states of dissociation. The doctors see my anxiousness at not know but they have told me I need to let go because the memories most likely will not return and anxiousness can lead to more episodes. They tell what may have happened just needs to be accepted, it cannot be changed but the future is mine to hold. Healing with forgiveness is the only way to let go of the past so it does not control the present. I will one day forgive myself for returning to the abuser and what I may have done. But I struggle and look for clues but it is a blur. I must move forward now. I truly believe we can only forgive when we love ourselves in total.

Edited by KMCINVA (06/09/13 11:08 AM)

#437589 - 06/09/13 09:45 PM Re: Forgive and we shall be forgiven [Re: Davoice]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
Good stuff , people will never be able to get to where they need to be with unforgiveness in their heart.
There are those who will rant and rave about F this and F that the have the right to hold on to their bitterness and hatred. Well that is all fine and dandy but they need to realize the FACT that they will not heal or live the life they could have while forgiving. The other people have gone on with their lives and could care less about whether they are forgiven or not . The only one SUFFERING is themselves .

God stuff brother
you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#439498 - 06/29/13 04:12 AM Re: Forgive and we shall be forgiven [Re: Davoice]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada

War
Love
Poetry

#439611 - 06/30/13 06:28 PM Re: Forgive and we shall be forgiven [Re: Davoice]
BuffaloCO Offline

Loc: USA
For me, forgiveness of "them" released me from the anger and hate, as God still holds them accountable. Not long ago, He told me...you need to learn how to forgive yourself. I did, or am trying, and am close to understanding what that really means.

#448476 - 09/27/13 08:10 PM Re: Forgive and we shall be forgiven [Re: BuffaloCO]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.