Newest Members
GoodKiwi, Naeno, stillhere35, RKS, Albertus
12557 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
2dayistheday (34), 4LaurenAline2 (48), akn (61), barrington (65), Gideonfl (52), James Michael (57), Obi (44), tu (46), Vedder32 (34), yoga_mom (46)
Who's Online
3 registered (Nothing Man, Bardo, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12557 Members
73 Forums
64444 Topics
450118 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#439445 - 06/28/13 12:19 PM Perpetually Healing (Wings)
iamnotbubba Offline

Loc: Colorado
Please read my next chapter. I hope you like it.

Perpetually Healing (Wings)

iamnotbubba

http://www.perpetuallyhealing.com/

#440355 - 07/08/13 10:04 AM Re: Perpetually Healing (Wings) [Re: iamnotbubba]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
hi,

i missed the last couple of chapters while travelling. trying to catch up, i went in search of # 32 - After all, never question your pastor - and found nothing there. if you removed it, i am disappointed to have lost the chance to read your complete story - but will understand if you felt you had to do that. if it is a malfunction - thought you'd want to know so you can fix it. the last segment - Wings - was painful and beautiful and powerful. i loved reading it - and am hoping that it is not the finale - though it did carry a sense of closure.

keep calm and carry on writing!
lee
"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself... And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity." - Paulo Coelho

#440381 - 07/08/13 02:06 PM Re: Perpetually Healing (Wings) [Re: iamnotbubba]
iamnotbubba Offline

Loc: Colorado
Welcome back!

I have had some issues with the link on #32 I hope it is fixed now.

"Wings" is a piece I wrote in honor of a former support group leader that has moved on to build his practice and speaking tours. I felt a great sense of loss after he left and I wrote that.

I think my next few chapters are are going to focus on the isolation and virtual agoraphobia leading up to the first chapter "emotional hostage." If I can successfully make that circle. I am not sure where I will go next. Perhaps, I may write about the circumstances that put me in the hospital this past Christmas.

Thank you so much for reading.

iamnotbubba

http://www.perpetuallyhealing.com/

#440386 - 07/08/13 03:30 PM Re: Perpetually Healing (Wings) [Re: iamnotbubba]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
it's working now.

thanks.

i could relate to many of the details: being an outsider in middle school, shutting down emotionally, the fatherless boy experience, craving male role models and mentors, the church setting, the benign neglect of a widowed mother, the loss of specific memories and regaining the experience as an adult.

good work. i anticipate the next narrative episode - whichever direction you drive it.
lee
"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself... And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity." - Paulo Coelho

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.