Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
gryffindor (67), KevinSweeney (57), latinflavor815 (52), latin_flavor_815 (52), RTMark (33), sabooka (35), southpaw10 (46)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63546 Topics
443993 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#439307 - 06/26/13 08:15 PM I'm being harrassed
LonelyFarmBoy Offline

Loc: Nebraska
HI theres a guy on here whos harassing me with his religious bull shit. Hes really creepin me bad and I am very upset.

Priests creep me out and this guy is actually scaring me.

#439313 - 06/26/13 09:57 PM Re: I'm being harrassed [Re: LonelyFarmBoy]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Please notify moderators about such situation.

Igor aka Pero

#439332 - 06/27/13 03:19 AM Re: I'm being harrassed [Re: LonelyFarmBoy]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
Let him know how you feel and that you would prefer it if he would stop sending you private messages. Some religious individuals genuinely believe their persistence in the face of resistance is good for them and the person with whom they are speaking. No matter how well meaning they may feel they are this is not acceptable. The fact is a lot of us see proselytizers and priests as very triggering and rightfully so given what some of us have experienced in the past. If this person continues to send you messages against your wishes contact a moderator.

#439342 - 06/27/13 08:20 AM Re: I'm being harrassed [Re: LonelyFarmBoy]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
While I don't get harassed here as I won't stand for it, I totally have seen what you are describing.

When I first came to MS, the rule, which was enforced stringtly was any religion post belongs in the spirituality forum. While I have heard that faith has really helped some an equal percentage of people are triggered intensely by the discussions or reference of religion/ Jesus/ blessings or being saved.

Even in NJ I get a barrage of " have a blessed day“ which really frustrated me but they wouldn't understand if I responded “ that belongs in the spirituality forum“ and it's counter productive for me to tell them how offensive that is to me.

Since I have been back it seems some of the religious stuff has cooled down here, but it still sneaks through.

Might I suggest that we keep in mind the rules that religous posts/thoughts/ jokes have its own forum.

If somebody is not interested in being " saved" back off... to me that's just another form of abuse... if it's helped you, Im happy you found dishing that's good for YOU.

I would have much more to say, but I'm not looking to hurt anybody about their beliefs I just rather people keep it to themselves or the appropriate forum.

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#439353 - 06/27/13 01:07 PM Re: I'm being harrassed [Re: LonelyFarmBoy]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 04:54 PM)

#439355 - 06/27/13 01:13 PM Re: I'm being harrassed [Re: bodyguard8367]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Farmboy, please send a PM to the moderator team or myself regarding this and it will be handled appropriately.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#439378 - 06/27/13 05:19 PM Re: I'm being harrassed [Re: LonelyFarmBoy]
LonelyFarmBoy Offline

Ya I did report him to a moderator. Thanks Castle! your PM makes the most sense without pussy footin around offending the Harasser.

#439396 - 06/27/13 09:32 PM Re: I'm being harrassed [Re: LonelyFarmBoy]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

You are being harassed? Sounds like what you are really being harassed by is the powers of Satan! Maybe you need to do a little less runnin' and a little more acceptin' Jesus into your life!

Just kidding. LOLZ! grin

I'm sorry to hear that this is going on here. Fortunately no one has really proselytized to me at MS. I respect people's religious beliefs and everything but I'd rather not have them presented to me if and when I didn't ask about them. If I was going to do that, I would be in the forum that is set aside for it. As a matter of fact, in real life there is a forum set aside for it as well. It's called church. If I want to hear someone profess their beliefs about the Bible and the faith they have in it, I'll meet them at one of those, which is something I'll probably do sometime around.... never.

I really don't get why people feel they need to proselytize about the Bible anyway. I understand they are generally full of only the best intentions, but it's not like any one of us haven't heard it all before. It's as if they expect you to say...

"Wait, now what was this person's name again? JE-SUS? Jesus? I am pronouncing it properly? And how does the story about him go again? Please, please tell me more! You really have my interest now. I've never heard of anything like this before. And what was the book about his life called again? The BI-BLE? The Bible? Who wrote that? Can I get the Bible in a book store? It's just I'm not sure I've ever seen one. Wait, there was this book I saw at a Motel 6 once that seems to fit the description. Could that have been it?"

Oh, and just so everyone knows, my parents dragged me to church kicking and screaming every Sunday until I was about 13. It was then they finally gave up on instilling religion in me, thank God. (No pun intended).

I'm glad you brought this to everyone's attention and I'm certain the mods will take care of it in as sensitive and effective manner as possible. Hope you are well tonight. Take care. Peace,

Ken

#439433 - 06/28/13 06:55 AM Re: I'm being harrassed [Re: LonelyFarmBoy]
LonelyFarmBoy Offline

LOL your awesome!

#439469 - 06/28/13 05:23 PM Re: I'm being harrassed [Re: LonelyFarmBoy]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Originally Posted By: LonelyFarmBoy
LOL your awesome!

Yeah, I have my moments, I guess. cool

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.