Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
7 registered (BraveFalcon, highflight, JW1230, 3 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63584 Topics
444221 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#439228 - 06/26/13 12:01 AM no support for two weeks
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
The T had to reschedule my appt this week to later in the the week and then today had to reschedule until next week.... so its like thats okay... but a strange feeling of having someone walk away or not having the time is emerging. That will make it a two week period without support and thats not good for me. I spend over 5 decades doing this alone but not now. Its a bad thing to lead a man into a quagmire of emotions he can't sort out and deal with alone, and to vacate for a while. I don't like acknowledging incest and rape and being left alone . its like I am 8 again and I am crying in the dark. Or I'm 50 again and there 's no one to turn to. I dont like the non support and the dark thoughts that randomly come. I actually feel fear. Having people leave is the story of my life, its a trigger... just weird.

#439239 - 06/26/13 02:32 AM Re: no support for two weeks [Re: ThisMan]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
From my read, TM, no, it's not okay...especially considering the feelings you're having. (And we share a similar "having people leave" story). You made it particularly plain when you said it will make a two-week period without support and that's not good for ME. Excellent point to hang on to. That's the crux of recovery.

fwiw - of course, given the limited info I have - the second time I probably would have said, no, I will not reschedule. Granted, it's all-or-nothing and, yes, an ultimatum. In my book two back-to-back cancellations are unacceptable. Sounds like the T's actions, not words, have given you a good indication of how important you aren't.

I may be jumping the gun - hope the other guys weigh in - but sorry to say it sounds like it may be time to go shopping again.

#439294 - 06/26/13 06:35 PM Re: no support for two weeks [Re: ThisMan]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
ThisMan - we're not going anywhere.

MS is always a guarantee that if you cry out for help, someone will respond, and likely will actually understand you.

Originally Posted By: ThisMan
The T had to reschedule my appt this week to later in the the week and then today had to reschedule until next week.... so its like thats okay... but a strange feeling of having someone walk away or not having the time is emerging. That will make it a two week period without support and thats not good for me. I spend over 5 decades doing this alone but not now. Its a bad thing to lead a man into a quagmire of emotions he can't sort out and deal with alone, and to vacate for a while. I don't like acknowledging incest and rape and being left alone . its like I am 8 again and I am crying in the dark. Or I'm 50 again and there 's no one to turn to. I dont like the non support and the dark thoughts that randomly come. I actually feel fear. Having people leave is the story of my life, its a trigger... just weird.

Loving Kindness Meditation will dramatically improve your spirits; give it a try for just 3 days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz7cpV7ERsM

#439295 - 06/26/13 06:38 PM ! [Re: ThisMan]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

!

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (02/28/14 08:00 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.