Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closerthenveins (26), Nvolpicelli (24), Sven (19)
Who's Online
3 registered (Kylie, 2 invisible), 41 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63115 Topics
441381 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#439228 - 06/26/13 12:01 AM no support for two weeks
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
The T had to reschedule my appt this week to later in the the week and then today had to reschedule until next week.... so its like thats okay... but a strange feeling of having someone walk away or not having the time is emerging. That will make it a two week period without support and thats not good for me. I spend over 5 decades doing this alone but not now. Its a bad thing to lead a man into a quagmire of emotions he can't sort out and deal with alone, and to vacate for a while. I don't like acknowledging incest and rape and being left alone . its like I am 8 again and I am crying in the dark. Or I'm 50 again and there 's no one to turn to. I dont like the non support and the dark thoughts that randomly come. I actually feel fear. Having people leave is the story of my life, its a trigger... just weird.

#439239 - 06/26/13 02:32 AM Re: no support for two weeks [Re: ThisMan]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
From my read, TM, no, it's not okay...especially considering the feelings you're having. (And we share a similar "having people leave" story). You made it particularly plain when you said it will make a two-week period without support and that's not good for ME. Excellent point to hang on to. That's the crux of recovery.

fwiw - of course, given the limited info I have - the second time I probably would have said, no, I will not reschedule. Granted, it's all-or-nothing and, yes, an ultimatum. In my book two back-to-back cancellations are unacceptable. Sounds like the T's actions, not words, have given you a good indication of how important you aren't.

I may be jumping the gun - hope the other guys weigh in - but sorry to say it sounds like it may be time to go shopping again.

#439294 - 06/26/13 06:35 PM Re: no support for two weeks [Re: ThisMan]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
ThisMan - we're not going anywhere.

MS is always a guarantee that if you cry out for help, someone will respond, and likely will actually understand you.

Originally Posted By: ThisMan
The T had to reschedule my appt this week to later in the the week and then today had to reschedule until next week.... so its like thats okay... but a strange feeling of having someone walk away or not having the time is emerging. That will make it a two week period without support and thats not good for me. I spend over 5 decades doing this alone but not now. Its a bad thing to lead a man into a quagmire of emotions he can't sort out and deal with alone, and to vacate for a while. I don't like acknowledging incest and rape and being left alone . its like I am 8 again and I am crying in the dark. Or I'm 50 again and there 's no one to turn to. I dont like the non support and the dark thoughts that randomly come. I actually feel fear. Having people leave is the story of my life, its a trigger... just weird.

Loving Kindness Meditation will dramatically improve your spirits; give it a try for just 3 days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz7cpV7ERsM

#439295 - 06/26/13 06:38 PM ! [Re: ThisMan]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

!

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (02/28/14 08:00 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.