Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
4 registered (Rich1967, 3 invisible), 30 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63784 Topics
445423 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#439217 - 06/25/13 10:42 PM Thankful for a moment of peace
nolan79 Offline

Loc: sc, united states
It feels good to have a moment of peace. A moment where you are not having sexual images, or flashbacks. For the last 2 days I have had the hardest time. Every time I look at another male I'd have a sexual thought about him. It was so hard to stay in the moment; to not retreat within myself and go on autopilot. What autopilot is for me, is when the stress gets so intense that I no longer feel I am in control. When those moments come, I know I am responding to people, but it feels like its coming from another place, another person. I hate feeling that way because I can literally feel my body shaking in the inside, and at any moment I will start to run or scream. Since joining this site, which was about a day or so ago, I have noticed that I am gaining more control with every post I make, and with every message I receive. It really feels great to know you are not alone with your thoughts and actions. It feels good to know that your actions are coming from a real place, a place of hurt, but that they are shared by others. I am really thankful for the guys who have messaged me, and shared their stories, as well as listened to mine. I have a very long road to recovery, but as long as I am able to express those things inside of me, I won't burst.

#439219 - 06/25/13 10:58 PM Re: Thankful for a moment of peace [Re: nolan79]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey Nolan -

Welcome. This place can be a tremendous pressure relief valve. I can only guess that each and every person here has at one time thought they were the only one in the whole world experiencing this shame. When I was twelve, I didn't even tell my diary what my molester was doing to me. I would have never guessed finding an entire world of survivors who would say those incredible magic words... Me, too.

Click my pic to see why I'm here

#439221 - 06/25/13 11:10 PM Re: Thankful for a moment of peace [Re: Chase Eric]
nolan79 Offline

Loc: sc, united states
I totally agree with you!

Originally Posted By: Chase Eric
Hey Nolan -

Welcome. This place can be a tremendous pressure relief valve. I can only guess that each and every person here has at one time thought they were the only one in the whole world experiencing this shame. When I was twelve, I didn't even tell my diary what my molester was doing to me. I would have never guessed finding an entire world of survivors who would say those incredible magic words... Me, too.

#439227 - 06/26/13 12:00 AM Re: Thankful for a moment of peace [Re: nolan79]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
don't forget to breathe... it's really important.

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.