Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AdawgJR (28), Brian (50), hikerpark (52), Jeremy Welch (47), Logan81 (2014), Olson30 (60), Patrick7958 (56)
Who's Online
4 registered (Luther, 3 invisible), 35 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12251 Members
73 Forums
63105 Topics
441303 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#439179 - 06/25/13 12:25 PM Chat Last Night - Really Sorry
mattheal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I just want to apologize to anybody who was on chat last night. I showed up kinda freaking out, and then quickly left twice. I realized this morning that the steroid pack I've been on since Friday has really messed with my head and my emotions. Not an excuse for my behavior.

I hope you will forgive me.
that the worst is all behind you
And the waves that tossed the raft all night
have set you on dry land
- The Mountain Goats - "Never Quite Free"

#439193 - 06/25/13 03:03 PM ! [Re: mattheal]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

!

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (02/28/14 07:58 PM)

#439196 - 06/25/13 05:14 PM Re: Chat Last Night - Really Sorry [Re: mattheal]
toysoldier Offline

Loc: Texas
Dont worry Matt we all have those moments at some point , CSA recovery is a tuff road, We are here for You ..

Bit by bit Torn apart We never win But the battle wages on
For toy soldiers!

#439197 - 06/25/13 05:31 PM Re: Chat Last Night - Really Sorry [Re: mattheal]
newground Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: michigan
I was not there either matt but this is one of the functions of chat, to be able to express ourselves in real time. I am glad you have realized the issue and I hope it gets better quickly for you. I do agree I appreciate you comming here and posting thatyou are ok now I also get concerned when there is no way to check on friends so thanks for doing that.
Jeff
Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
Herman Melville

#439211 - 06/25/13 09:39 PM Re: Chat Last Night - Really Sorry [Re: mattheal]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
I wasnt there... but if Im reading and assuming right... your on a medipack? 5 day intense regimine?

if so...that totally changes your body chemistry. sometimes it's the only thing that will help my wife but a Dr likened it to ingesting meds that circulate your whole buddy to get to your pinky toe.

go gentle dude... good for you for posting what's going on with you.

Edited by Castle (06/25/13 09:40 PM)

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

#439218 - 06/25/13 10:49 PM Re: Chat Last Night - Really Sorry [Re: mattheal]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: mattheal
...Not an excuse for my behavior...

Quite the contrary, Matt. It is a very valid excuse, and I think anyone here who has experienced the crazy nightmarish mind-k of high-dose steroids will understand.

I was put on an emergency pack last summer along with Ambien (sleeping pills) for a severe allergic reaction. The Ambien was prescribed since steroids can make you run nonstop like a locomotive. What a complete whack-job it turned me into! My partner stopped me from stepping outside with the car keys in my underwear at 3 in the morning looking for ice cream (in a little river town where everything closes at 9). I felt bloated and was convinced that I looked like Governor Christie even though I'm a slender 145 lbs. I even waddled when I walked as if I had to. I tried to pick a fight with a bear of a guy who was twice my size because he almost hit me with his pickup truck in a parking lot - and I'm the biggest pacifist sissy wimp around. Nothing was normal - not even the little metal sculpture in the hallway that suddenly started laughing at my partner when he got mad at me for trying to get ice cream in my undies.

Despite being here and dealing like everyone else, I'm still the sanest person I know. But I'll never forget the strange trip I took on those steroids. I think you'll find the group here pretty understanding.

Click my pic to see why I'm here

#439242 - 06/26/13 03:02 AM Re: Chat Last Night - Really Sorry [Re: mattheal]
GoldStone Offline

Loc: Far East
Maybe im new to chat ettiquette but i would never apologize for having to leave chat unexpectedly. After all there is a real world going on around us at all times and those committments are part of being present and accoutable. But thats just me. Sometimes in real life i walk into a room and then walk straight back out. No explanation required. But not sure if that rlly helps...

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.