I just watched the Seth MacFarlane film "Ted" last night and I can't get over how awesome and funny it was. At the beginning of the movie you are introduced to the main character, John Bennett, a sad, lonely 8 year old boy with no friends. Although I don't think his loneliness and isolation was an allegory for CSA in any way, I could seriously relate my child self to the character. One night little John Bennett makes a wish that his teddy bear, Ted, would come to life and the next morning, it does.

About ten minutes into the movie it fast-forwards 27 years and John is now a 35 year old man, still living with Ted, who is now a foul-mouthed, pot-smoking, hard-drinking, dirty-joke-telling adult teddy bear. Ted hasn't grown physically at all but his voice and mannerisms are that of an adult.

As an adult I have gone through phases of sleeping with my old teddy bear again, when life has been especially painful and/or frightening. Perhaps it's a form of regression, I don't know. The last few weeks have been one such phase, which probably made this movie even funnier and more poignant than it would be for most people. Oh, if only my little blue bear could walk and talk. The fucked-up shit he and I would do and talk about. Ha ha!

I strongly recommend Ted for anyone who hasn't seen it although keep in mind, it's not a children's movie and is not for the easily offended. Peace,

Ken

Edited by BraveFalcon (06/24/13 09:51 PM)