Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
alan's marc (43), Opal (59)
Who's Online
4 registered (4 invisible), 62 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62530 Topics
438181 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#438912 - 06/22/13 08:04 PM Your Self-Esteem On A Scale Of 1-10
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

I was having a PM conversation today with someone here when the issue of self-esteem came up. I know self-esteem can be a problem for those of us with CSA issues and I was wondering how people here would rate their self-esteem if it could be measured on a scale of 1 to 10. One being the bottom of the barrel and ten being you think you are the greatest, smartest, most handsome, talented and awesome person in the entire universe who will always win in a fight or in any kind of competition and who people would elect Emperor of the Earth if such a high political office existed.

So, where does your self-esteem fall on the scale of 1 to 10? I have mine at a -26. A little on the low end, I know, but after doing some honest soul searching, that's the number I came up with.

I know this isn't the best topic in the world but it's hard to come up with good topics when you're stupid and useless. Also ugly.

Oh yeah, and incompetent.

Ok, bye then.

#438914 - 06/22/13 08:11 PM Re: Your Self-Esteem On A Scale Of 1-10 [Re: BraveFalcon]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
I would put myself right around a 4 although I might be underestimating myself. I came up with this number based on how I view myself and how much courage it takes me to do certain things outside my comfort zone. In any case, when you start out around a 0 a 4 feels a lot like an 8 or 9.

Most importantly, the glass if half full for me now. I'm filling up and the sky's the limit : )

#438933 - 06/22/13 11:03 PM Re: Your Self-Esteem On A Scale Of 1-10 [Re: BraveFalcon]
toddop Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
I started thinking about this and realized it is really hard. I'd say mine is always sub-5 on the scale, maybe 0-4. But it seems to constantly micro-shift based on the time of day and what is going on.

If I am at home in my comfort zone, it edges up a bit. If I am at work, or out amongst people, it rapidly plummets. If I get triggered or have memories, it is non-existant.

Maybe I should try charting it. Probably look like a Richter Scale printout.

Todd

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
-Albert Einstein

#438971 - 06/23/13 12:20 PM Re: Your Self-Esteem On A Scale Of 1-10 [Re: BraveFalcon]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 04:46 PM)

#438983 - 06/23/13 04:27 PM Re: Your Self-Esteem On A Scale Of 1-10 [Re: BraveFalcon]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Ok, time to take my own thread seriously for a second. Obviously the -26 comment was a little facetious. Most of the time my self-esteem would hover around a 1 or a 2. There are times when it drops to an absolute zero though. Like when I make a stupid mistake at work or fuck something up. These things are fairly routine for me because I'm not the most competent frog on the pond. That's when the self-beating up starts and a slew of insults comes streaming out of my mouth at myself. Idiot, moron, retard, sped, useless, brainless, good for nothing, piece of shit, dork, freak, waste of a defective sperm cell, jerk, waste of space, waste of life, looser, looser LOOSER, LOOSER, FUCKING LOO-SER!!!!! When I beat myself up, I don't pull any punches. If it were a physical beating I'd lay bloody and unconscious at the end.

There are times when I could say my self-esteem goes as high as a 3 though. Like when I'm driving to work and I realize that I'm a better driver than probably 95% of the other assholes on the road. I am a really good driver. Everyone else should get the fuck out of my way. Peace,

Ken

#438989 - 06/23/13 05:02 PM ! [Re: BraveFalcon]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

!

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (02/28/14 07:55 PM)

#439006 - 06/23/13 07:56 PM Re: Your Self-Esteem On A Scale Of 1-10 [Re: BraveFalcon]
GoldStone Offline

Loc: Far East
I gotta say though.....

You guys ARE hilarious!!!

And the judges are calling it....

Ladies and gentlemen....

A Perfect TEN!!!

Edited by GoldStone (06/23/13 07:57 PM)

#439014 - 06/23/13 08:27 PM Re: Your Self-Esteem On A Scale Of 1-10 [Re: BraveFalcon]
DavoSwim Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa, USA
My self esteem varies day to day. Last week I was about an 8, right now I'm hovering around 1 or 2. The thing is - I only have myself to blame.

DavO

#439015 - 06/23/13 08:28 PM Re: Your Self-Esteem On A Scale Of 1-10 [Re: BraveFalcon]
bass drummer Offline

Loc: new zealand
I have to say mine is between 0 and 1 most of the time im familly no that and try to prase me but then something happens and they have a go at me and it starts again
And we can learn to live again

#439180 - 06/25/13 12:38 PM Re: Your Self-Esteem On A Scale Of 1-10 [Re: BraveFalcon]
txb Offline

My self esteem is a 10 for sure. Iím just waiting on my letter appointing me emperor of the earth. Itíll probably arrive any day now. Just some irritating people have said stuff to me about it though. My girlfriend, a while ago said ďI wish you didnít have such low self esteem.Ē Then a friend from the internet (who has never even met me in real life!) said ďYeah, but thatís because you have really low self esteem.Ē What?!! Shut up people, youíre ruining my specially created illusion!! I like to think I look pretty confident and not a complete mess.

Something I read about self esteem said that if you fake it hard enough then you eventually start to believe it??

But what is self esteem really? Like why would you think you are so great at something when you have no evidence to prove that you are? Isnít that just being arrogant? If I think Iím a really great guitar player when actually Iím a pretty average one isnít that just being deluded? Believing you can do anything doesn't make it true.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.