Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 16 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64166 Topics
447759 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#437451 - 06/08/13 07:18 PM !
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

!

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (02/28/14 07:25 PM)

#437453 - 06/08/13 07:22 PM Re: Pride 2013 [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Good for you Pride is usually so much fun and full of easy going people. I love Pride so looking forward to Seattle's Pride at the end of the month.

Nathan

#437457 - 06/08/13 08:24 PM ! [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

!

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (02/28/14 07:25 PM)

#437592 - 06/09/13 10:10 PM Re: Pride 2013 [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Lived in San Francisco 20 years now. The first few years I had a great time celebrating pride. Even marched in the parade a couple times.

This past - 7 years though, I've come to dislike it more and more. Because I haven't had anyone or a circle of friends to hang out with. Feels like the whole world celebrates around me and I am left out because I don't want to be in a crowd by myself.

I love the festivities and the gawking and the celebration though. I had a spiritual experience on my 3rd gay pride, it was the first time I felt like I belonged to a group of people.

I so wish to have days like that as a normal part of my life.

#437841 - 06/11/13 05:33 PM Re: Pride 2013 [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 04:12 PM)

#438492 - 06/17/13 08:12 PM Re: Pride 2013 [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 04:12 PM)

#438518 - 06/18/13 12:17 AM Re: Pride 2013 [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
GoldStone Offline

Loc: Far East
Wow bg u always hit it out of the park.

#438537 - 06/18/13 07:36 AM Re: Pride 2013 [Re: bodyguard8367]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: bodyguard8367

The Young generation will never know what it was like to come out when it was "not done" when gay sex was what happened in the dark or away from prying eyes...

Not to go completely off-topic, but there are unfortunately enuf instances of shame and hiding - primarily in highly religious organizations/families - that the stigma we've suffered won't be soon forgotten, imo. To wit, the lesbian just expelled from a "faith-based" school and then hit with a demand for restitution of $6000 worth of tuition, expenses, etc.(http://gazette.com/article/feed/13932)

Yeah, bg, I kinda scratch my head over organizations like Dignity - not to offend - but I figure whatever blows your skirt up. shocked

A good example of what it was like Back in the Day is a classic 1962 movie "Advise and Consent" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advise_%26_Consent_(film)). I think it's on Netflix. The subplot is a young married senator blackmailed for a homosexual affair he had while in the service in Hawaii. He commits suicide. A far cry from former NJ governor Jim McGreevey, 40 years later. Particularly accurate is the unmarked, nondescript entrance to a gay bar very similar to my first gay bar in the early 70s, about ten years after the film was made.

Back to the parade. In one sense, this kind of freedom is something for which we've fought for decades and it does my heart good to see it. And, yeah, being able to be out and celebrate without a second thought, imo, is one demonstration of that goal realized.

What annoys me is Boomers and younger who are still closeted. ("But you don't understand!"...in fact, yes I do and I made the choice NOT to be...a sissy about it). Unless their professionally pursuing a homophobic agenda as an expression of their own internalized homophobia, I leave 'em alone, at arm's length and let 'em figgur it out themselves. Hell, I'm not their damn therapist. Nor do I care to hear about their issues. It's tired. It's old news. Recently had that with a client and I simply sidestep his issues to deal with the unrelated task immediately at hand.

Frankly, too, I'll admit some resentment. I haven't put up with a life's worth of abuse - the closet was a significant factor in my CSA by a high school guidance counselor - vilification, vandalism and threats so some jerk can keep hiding as though it was 1960.

lol...I'll say it. Being gay is not for sissies. wink

#438845 - 06/21/13 06:01 PM Re: Pride 2013 [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Hey Gary,

That's harsh to get triggered over a stain. My mother would starch the hell out of my shirts and the collars were so hard I thought that I would cut my neck, I hated that. Till this day nothing gets starched. If I had to wear one I would not be able to think.

Are you talking about gay families. If are then back in the '60s and '70s there weren't such things. Just 2 faggots walking together. When I'm in the village I see guys with kids. Being LGBT there is just as normal as being straight. Times are changing in a lot of places. You still have some redneck areas in the city.

Peace, Rainbows, Love & Healing
Jeff

#438848 - 06/21/13 06:41 PM Re: Pride 2013 [Re: Lancer]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Originally Posted By: Lancer
.....but there are unfortunately enuf instances of shame and hiding - primarily in highly religious organizations/families - that the stigma we've suffered won't be soon forgotten, imo. To wit, the lesbian just expelled from a "faith-based" school and then hit with a demand for restitution of $6000 worth of tuition, expenses, etc.(http://gazette.com/article/feed/13932)

This is 100% true. There was supposed to be no cohabitation between church and state. But this is what's happening all over the country. If you have the political power then you can keep laws from passing and people in the closet. The government is supposed to be asexual.

Originally Posted By: Lancer
....so some jerk can keep hiding as though it was 1960.

lol...I'll say it. Being gay is not for sissies. wink
Being gay is for anyone. You don't have to have big balls to be LGBT.

In the '60s I didn't know from gay. I had my boyfriends and no girlfriends. Faggots were anti war protesters and hippies with long hair. I wasn't a war protester I was a prostitute so when I was called a faggot I thought that they were calling me names to hurt me because I usually had long blond hair.

I thought that when the time comes I get girlfriends like the other kids. But that never happened. I was born into a non religious home and after I got out of the USAF at 21 I went to live in a religious community. Then when I turned 26 people were telling me that I should get married but that wasn't happening until I was pushed into a marriage. I was married in only 5 weeks. That woman is my partner but not sexually. 3 years after I got married I still didn't know what to do with a woman. Since I was 10 (before 10 is a blank) I always slept naked and usually with my best friend. He was also a prostitute. After I got married I started wearing underwear to bed and when I was with her. (We slept in separate beds). I am in the closet and I probably won't come out of that closet. To do so would ruin my kids families. So you see I cannot come out, I am stuck in a world that I don't believe in but I have normal (non fanatical) straight kids except for one that's gay. So I am still in the closet not because of the size of my balls but because I don't think you know how cruel religions can be if you don't adhere to the official lifestyle. So I will probably go to my grave with that. wink

Peace, Rainbows, Love & Healing
Jeff

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.