Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63783 Topics
445415 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#438710 - 06/20/13 08:48 AM "Ex-Gay" group shuts down, apologizes
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA

#438745 - 06/20/13 05:04 PM Re: "Ex-Gay" group shuts down, apologizes [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
1lifenow Offline

Loc: west coast
‘Today it is as if I’ve just woken up to a greater sense of how painful it is to be a sinner in the hands of an angry church. ‘Please know that I am deeply sorry. I am sorry for the pain and hurt many of you have experienced. I am sorry that some of you spent years working through the shame and guilt you felt when your attractions didn’t change,’ he added. - Alan Chambers Exodus International

"It is strange to be someone who has both been hurt by the church’s treatment of the LGBT community, and also to be someone who must apologize for being part of the very system of ignorance that perpetuated that hurt.
"

Ultimately you cannot repent for something you cannot change.

A great first step is the apology, but he still "believes" that a gay man either stay married or live a celibate life. Again, there is a mixed message that you either live and unfulfilled life or you go back in the closet.

It's like the line " Love the sinner, hate the sin". What the subtext is, is that if you would only change your way of thinking and work to become str8 live by the credo that the thought of what you do with another man ( or woman if lesbian) makes us uncomfortable and judgefull and therefore you are not entitled to live like us. Find a soulmate that matches your orientation - a best friend , a lover , a love to grow old and share your life with.

I have never heard the member of the clucking cadre say:
- love the spender but hate the Sabbath shopper
- love the taylor but hate the sinner who blends fabrics
- love the parent who listens but hate the dad who doesn't stone his insolent child
- love the beautiful artwork but condemn the artist who makes idols or images of stone
- exile the couple that sleep together when the wife is menstruating.

There are also examples in the Quran, and the Book of Mormon.

Love and be loved, nothing more.

WoR Barrie 2011

#438975 - 06/23/13 12:33 PM Re: "Ex-Gay" group shuts down, apologizes [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Uh-oh, Jesus is gunna rain fire on them now! LOL!

Hearing about this does my heart so much good. The very existence of groups like this one makes me sick. It's about time they went the way of the dinosaurs, which they should have a long time ago. Peace,

Ken

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.