Newest Members
MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128
12506 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
5 registered (myrlin, WriterKeith, 3 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12506 Members
74 Forums
64201 Topics
448028 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#438620 - 06/19/13 03:34 AM I don't feel safe.
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south

I made it for approximately 24 hrs before I deleted. Was a big move to just post

....and Jacob, thanks for the words of wisdom and support. I can't answer the question immediately, but I have seen the past behaviors. Rationally, I think you are correct.

Edited by ThisMan (06/19/13 11:15 PM)

#438628 - 06/19/13 07:20 AM Re: I don't feel safe. [Re: ThisMan]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: where the shadows lie
You have nothing to be ashamed of. You survived. You are strong. This was hard for me to read so I apologize if I missed it, but the abusive relationship is entirely over now, right? Then you are even stronger.

Focus on what is different now from then. Look at where you live, what you know about yourself now that you didn't know then, the support systems (like this site) that you have. If a friend came to you with the same situation and asked "am I safe?," what kind of advice would you give them? Maybe there is more that you need to do. But if something doesn't come to mind easily when you let it, you are probably ok. Just focus on the changes you have already made and the time that has passed.

Be proud of yourself.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.