Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
5 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, Rich1967, 3 invisible), 71 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62502 Topics
438061 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#438469 - 06/17/13 03:12 PM Brazil support group in São Paulo
Fabio_SP Offline

If you live in Brazil, let's try to create a support group for ASA and CSA(especially ASA). As you already know group support for male child survivor is easier to find than for male adult survivor.Women have many groups that help them, however here in Brazil there's no such thing as support group for ASA(adult sexual assault).
I know that 20% of this forum are Brazilians and I also know here in our country we have no place to go to get help and support for each other.The only way is therapy and sometimes medications.
My goal is to start a support group here in Brazil, but I don't know where to start. I know we need a place, a professional and the survivors.
Let's not forget about the laws here in Brazil, there's no such thing as sexual assault for male,it is called indecent assault, meaning there's no rape for adult male.As many of us know we don't speak out because we're afraid of society, people may put your masculinity in question and unfortunately if we report a rape or abuse to the police, they could laugh at you, sometimes they won't believe in you; Basically you have no place to go literally.
So if you live in Brazil, São Paulo. Let's try to change things here and help each other.Nothing will change unless somebody is willing to make a move.

P.S: You don't have to live in São Paulo, if you want to help then help.Please, let's make things happen.
P.S 2: Moderators, I don't know where to post this, if here is the wrong place, please let me know before delete it.

Edited by Fabio_SP (09/13/13 12:17 PM)

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=438469#Post438469

#438488 - 06/17/13 07:07 PM Re: Brazil group support in São Paulo [Re: Fabio_SP]
une.vie.d.espoir Offline

Loc: Quebec-Canada
Hi Fabio,

My name is Jean-Pierre. I would like to help you start a group in anaway i can. I live in the only french province call Québec it is in the est of Canada.

I would like to communicate whit you so here is my e-mail, feel free to contact me. I will try to evaluate your needs. From that we will try together make a plan so you could start a group.

If you are comfortable whit that just e-mail me ok.

Jean-Pierre

Edited by ModTeam (06/18/13 03:00 AM)
Edit Reason: removed e-mail contact from public board

#438570 - 06/18/13 04:54 PM Re: Brazil group support in São Paulo [Re: Fabio_SP]
DRA Offline

Hi Fabio,

I'm looking at doing something similar in the US. We should touch base about this stuff.
Strength in power is a false victory rooted in vapid grandiosity. Strength in character and integrity is the freedom to act righteously irrespective of the surrounding pressure. True power is the presence of mind to live with character and integrity.

#438587 - 06/18/13 07:28 PM Re: Brazil group support in São Paulo [Re: une.vie.d.espoir]
Fabio_SP Offline

Jean-Pierre, Thank very much for your helping.
I have some questions(I'm more than newbie in this area).
First of all, I know that I need a Place, how can I get a Place to start a group ? do I need a mayor or something similar to that to get a place?
I know some psychologists, maybe the can join the group if I ask them(but I'm not really sure if they have the time).
How Can I gather Brazilians if they don't speak out ?

Thank again for your help

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=438469#Post438469

#438589 - 06/18/13 07:31 PM Re: Brazil group support in São Paulo [Re: DRA]
Fabio_SP Offline

Hi Dra.
I'm glad to hear you want to start something similar, do you live in the area where there's not have this kind of group ?
anyways, let's keep in touch

#438621 - 06/19/13 03:40 AM Re: Brazil group support in São Paulo [Re: Fabio_SP]
DRA Offline

Yes, Fabio. There is nothing in my area.
Strength in power is a false victory rooted in vapid grandiosity. Strength in character and integrity is the freedom to act righteously irrespective of the surrounding pressure. True power is the presence of mind to live with character and integrity.

#438713 - 06/20/13 09:48 AM Re: Brazil group support in São Paulo [Re: DRA]
Fabio_SP Offline

DRA, look for Vicki Polin on facebook, I'm sure she will help you with this matters, she has a lot of contacts and she is willing to help people like us, also she lives in the usa, so it make a lot of easier for you.
Good luck

#445273 - 08/23/13 04:51 PM Re: Brazil group support in São Paulo [Re: Fabio_SP]
Ankh_BR Offline

Loc: Rio Grande do Sul
Hello, Fabio.

I live in Rio Grande do Sul and I would like to join or help creating a group. I am an adult survival of Childhood sexual abuse, so perhaps it may not be the same. Feel free to contact me so that we can talk further.

Yours.

#446468 - 09/05/13 06:12 AM Re: Brazil group support in São Paulo [Re: Ankh_BR]
Fabio_SP Offline

I'm so sorry for late reply
I can send you my contacts.
I sent many e-mails so far, however I was not successful, but I still have hopes, there are some e-mails that I didn't get reply yet

Edited by ModTeam (09/05/13 06:21 AM)
Edit Reason: removed personal contacts from public board

#458430 - 01/10/14 05:57 PM Re: Brazil support group in São Paulo [Re: Fabio_SP]
crockybr Offline

Loc: São Paulo
Hello Fabio and other brothers from Brazil.
I´m a survivor of CSA. I am now in my late 40´s.
I do live in São Paulo state, near Campinas. I would like to be a part of a support group and help with whatever is needed.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.