Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
6 registered (BraveFalcon, Shyshark, CafeMan, Suwanee, 2 invisible), 61 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62509 Topics
438075 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
#438573 - 06/18/13 05:18 PM Exercise Motivation Team
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Does anybody want to start/continue exercising?

We could have a thread to report our progress. It would be like a team. We could even have a name? I want to exercise either daily with some days off or every other day. It doesn't matter what type of exercise you do or your level- it is all in the same team and for your own aims.

I think when I don't exercise when I should I risk beating myself up about it and feeling bad- we have to avoid that, that's a trap. We should just try to celebrate when we do and support each other and be understanding when we don't. Hopefully we can help motivate each other to keep on track and give tips.

Lewis

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#438574 - 06/18/13 05:21 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Benefits of exercise:

1. Endorphins- happy chemicals
2. Sleep- being active in the day should help with my sleep
3. Body Image- I want to look good
4. Work- They say to get energy you need to spend energy, so I should be better in work after the getting-started period
5. Thinking time- It kind of gives me thinking time when I exercise, I need more of that, kind of a "me-time"
6. Health- In general
7. Mornings- currently I miss most of the morning- why not make use of it by getting up early to exercise?
8. Role model- I think it is good to be fit and healthy to provide a good role model to kids I work with

What are your reasons for wanting to exercise?

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#438576 - 06/18/13 05:28 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Tips- we could have a list of tips? Obviously there will be tips that only apply to one type of exercise and not another- and they are only just ideas (and from me certainly may be wrong lol)- but different things work for different people and are worth mentioning.

(Tips- to be taken with a pinch of salt- not literally obviously)

TIP 1: Banana Pancake:
After exercising if you are trying to build muscle you need protein and carbs. Scramble one egg (high protein) and mix with one mashed banana (high carbs)- fry it- it tastes lovely (I think). You may think isn't that more of a banana omelette? but it isn't, the banana kind of substitutes the other ingredients of a pancake mix. I like it anyway. (They are not so much like American pancakes- but the thinner version- at least how I make them).

#438905 - 06/22/13 06:37 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

The hardest part at the moment is getting up early in the morning to exercise. I need to exercise in the morning otherwise I don't have time, although I am not a morning person. It is definitely a challenge.

#439122 - 06/24/13 07:30 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Getting the sleep right is my first priority. I'm working on that first.

Although I will have a long day tomorrow, and I don't want to be tired (since I have lots of work, and a meeting with my other work, followed by yet other work in the afternoon), but i'm going to get up early no matter what. It has to start somewhere.

Then the exercise can really begin once I can get this time in the morning!

#439600 - 06/30/13 04:01 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
OCN Offline

Loc: Western Europe
I like the idea king tut!

It can be difficult to wake up early, have kinda the same issue.. no job at the moment, so free to do what i like. Sometimes this means staying in bed long.. but i've noticed that the days are way more better and meaningful if i get up early and do things..

my tip would be to exercise meditation of some kind, anything which helps you to relax and stay focused in the body (connecting body and mind)..

#439616 - 06/30/13 07:27 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

I've just had a week of "getting the sleep right".
I haven't actually succeeded in getting my sleep right yet. Some days were better than others. I've been trying to get my sleep right for many years, so this last week was as successful as it could have been, so I will go with that. I'll work with it.

This week i'm going to try to get up early AND exercise.
Stay tuned! If i'm not up early enough though I wont be able to exercise.

What's that saying, nothing worth doing is easy?
I REALLY want to succeed in this.

#439668 - 07/01/13 01:58 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

I got out of bed 4 hours later than I had planned. Not awful, but not good.

Tomorrow morning, at the very least, I hope to improve on that by at least 2 hours. Hopefully on time.

#439752 - 07/01/13 11:52 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
BraveFalcon Online   content
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

I try to work out at the gym at least three days a week and go for a run the other days with normally one day off. If you guys want to make a running thread of the exercise we did on a given day, I'm game.

I rarely exercise before I go to work in the morning. Normally it's after I get off. I had intended to go to the gym today and work on my biceps and back but my work day ran longer than I had expected and I just went for my 3.5 mile (about 5.5 KM) run when I got home. I'll try to do my workout tomorrow after work. Peace,

Ken

#439807 - 07/02/13 03:19 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
BuffaloCO Offline

Loc: USA
Endorphins? What are we talking about here, Flipper? lol

I think exercise is a good thing, and need to do more of it but I hate the whole gym thing. Tried running and never really got that "runner's high". So I walk the dog, and need to start daily push-ups, sit-ups. That's just boring so maybe something like a zumba dancing dvd. Not sure, am sure doing more would help my current state of mind, so need to find a new motivation.

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 ... 24 25 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.