Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
5 registered (VASurvivor, finallyhere, pufferfish, 2 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443349 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 25 26 >
Topic Options
#440067 - 07/04/13 05:02 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
txb, I think you are right about trying to get up a little earlier every day- but it is so frustrating- I still have my alarm set for 5am (well a little before that so I can have multiple alarms), but also have an alarm set for 6am if I sleep through the first set. I think you should definitely get back into the stronglift program if it is something you want to go for! You only live once!

Ken, I've been wondering about "cheat" days- does that work well? are cheat days like rewards or would that be a bad way of thinking about it?

Will, totally my weakness is carbs too, makes it difficult at lunch time because I usually have sandwiches, I switched to pasta for a while (was on offer in the local shop), but the price has gone up on that now so I started having pasties for lunch, which is probably worse! I think I too will try to have a good breakfast and maybe just a cereal bar for lunch.

I also have a sugar weakness.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#440089 - 07/04/13 11:58 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
GoldStone Offline

Loc: Far East
Did my exercise in the morning for the first time. Good.

#440122 - 07/05/13 11:27 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: GoldStone]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: GoldStone
Did my exercise in the morning for the first time. Good.

Congrats!

I woke at 6.30am today, so an improvement. So depending on what time I finish work I may do some exercise tonight- it is a really nice day out. But I don't expect to be home until about 7.30pm. Could still go for a little walk/jog or something though.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#440146 - 07/05/13 04:58 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Originally Posted By: king tut

Ken, I've been wondering about "cheat" days- does that work well? are cheat days like rewards or would that be a bad way of thinking about it?

I think it all depends on what you're trying to achieve. About five years ago I managed to loose 50 lbs in a span of 10 months. I weighed 220 at the beginning and 170 at the end. At 6'0" tall I consider my target weight to be 180. Right now, I'm sitting at 185 and my goal is not really to loose any wight but just not to gain any more.

When I lost that 50 lbs I did so by keeping to a strict regimen of diet and exercise. I made a deal with myself at the begging of that journey that I would let myself eat what ever I wanted once a week, and would stick to my diet the other six days. I stuck to it and it worked quite nicely. My theory was that if I never allowed myself to cheat, I would be so miserable that I would give up and my diet would fail. So, once a week it was and once a week I stuck to.

Now, I just try to stick to eating right most of the time but I allow cheat days and cheat meals to happen when they will. If I keep them to a minimum, maybe a few "cheat meals" a week, I won't loose any weight but I shouldn't gain any either and it seems to work. Hope that answers your question. Peace,

Ken

Edited by BraveFalcon (07/05/13 05:01 PM)

#440200 - 07/06/13 07:56 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Ken that helps. I think I will try to avoid cheats.

Yesterday I didn't actually get home from work until 9pm, on the way back, as it was a sunny Friday night and I had been stuck in a cleanroom wrapped up in a cleanroom suit all afternoon and sitting at a computer all morning trying to figure out how to connect to the departments supercomputer, I thought about treats.

So anyway, on my way home I thought about buying some beer- which I usually would on such a day, but I decided not to. I popped into the shop on the way home and saw a dessert- a big bucket of a dessert- I've had this once before and never thought about the calories- I thought to myself I've worked hard today maybe I should buy it. But then I looked at the calories, 1600 calories!!! so I decided against it. I didn't miss it either. I was really happy with my choices. Today I feel better for it.

It is a sunny day, so if my friend wants to go for a walk we will do that, else I will do some other exercise.

#440236 - 07/06/13 05:52 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Did a good 3 hour walk across rough terrain and hills, feel a little better for it.

Tomorrow I hope to be even more successful in my exercise aims! feeling good!

#440238 - 07/06/13 06:11 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Today I hit the gym and started with ten minutes on the elliptical. I then did an hour-long abdominal workout and ended with ten more minutes of cardio on the elliptical and a three minute cool-down. Tonight, A skinless chicken breast and low-calorie chicken soup for dinner.

#440275 - 07/07/13 12:08 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Just got back from a 3.5 mile run. The run was only interrupted when I saw a copperhead snake in my path that I nearly stepped on. I found a stick to poke it with, (a long one), and it was dead. Still scared the crap out of me for a second though.

Today for lunch is a skinless chicken breast with a side of mac and cheese. Tonight it's stake and mashed potatoes for dinner. I know the mac and cheese and the steak isn't exactly diet stuff but I always cheat on Sundays. Peace,

Ken

#440301 - 07/07/13 05:11 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Good job Ken! Glad we don't have many dangerous snakes in the UK!

I had chicken and noodles for lunch, but with the skin, and some sauce. I think it was fairly healthy though! I ate it out in the sun in my garden as it is very hot here today and I like the sun- perhaps we will have a summer after all.

Today I did:
pull-ups (on pull-up bar)
knee ups (on dip station)
dips (on dip station)
leg raises (on dip station)
press-ups
weights (dumbbells)

I didn't do very many of each, but am trying to ease myself into it. My full list of exercises is longer than this, but this is what I did today. I was panting and sweating so I think it was a good session!

Tomorrow morning I hope to do some more!

#440331 - 07/07/13 10:14 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
I like these check-ins because they help motivate me when I'm otherwise feeling lethargic. I've felt lethargic because of all the rain we are having!

At any rate, I lifted weights this afternoon:
Dumbbell flys
Lat pull-down
Seated row
Shoulder shrugs
Military press
Ab crunches

Tomorrow: Swim 500 M

Breakfast:
toasted bagel/cream cheese, Greek yogurt, orange juice

Lunch
turkey and swiss on wheat, water

Snack
Cliff bar, fresh cherries

Dinner
Grilled chicken with peppers,onions, mushrooms, melted swiss cheese on a hoagie bun. 2 Sweetwater IPA beers.

Dessert
Key Lime Pie

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

Page 3 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 25 26 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.