Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (44), CP4 (24), EddieMi (46), EddieT (46), hemi1024 (54), Kage (70), kdj_74 (40), Knightswhitehart (49), otlhouston (47), TX_Space (47), VirtualBman (50)
Who's Online
1 registered (petercorbett), 33 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63793 Topics
445487 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 15 of 26 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 25 26 >
Topic Options
#443133 - 08/03/13 11:18 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Tut: There are 2 types of fat around the middle. Outside the body wall is regular fat. Inside is omental fat. It comes with stress, such as we all have. It actually contributes to inflammation in the body.

Cant: Sorry, but I don't understand all the fuss. I had snacks with you about a month ago and you seem well-proportioned to me. Like all of us you are under stress.

Puffer (myself): I didn't feel well Thursday and so I ate a lot more than usual. I think that's OK in dieting. Weight-Watchers sanctions doing that.

Puffer

#443159 - 08/03/13 04:02 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: pufferfish]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Just got back from a 3.5 mile run. I also made a whole crockpot full of my habanero chicken chili today, which I am enjoying at the moment with just a pinch of shredded cheddar cheese, a little dallop of light sour cream and half of a sliced up avocado. The amount I made is enough for several meals so this is probably all I will eat right on through Monday or so. Peace,

Ken

#443215 - 08/04/13 11:14 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Thanks Puffer, It didn't occur to me that stress could be responsible, but that makes some sense!

I went for a 13 mile walk yesterday, got a bus to a place and walked home from there. Decided to jog part of it at the start- bad idea. I twisted my left ankle, and before I knew it I was on the floor face down. When my left foot went I must have over compensated on my right side when I fell, so I have a big bruise on my right hip where I fell. I have grazes down the right side of my face- but it isn't actually that bad, mostly right side of my chin and near my right eye. I then had to hobble the last 10 miles home, taking me many hours. My left ankle is swollen. Epic fail.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#443421 - 08/05/13 08:42 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Another run after work today. (3.5 mi.) Ate a protein bar for breakfast, a low calorie sandwich for lunch and will finish off my chicken chili for dinner. Although, I have to confess, I will probably have a couple of slices of pizza tonight as well. My brother brought some home from work last night and it is in the fridge, calling my name. Living with someone who works at a pizza place can be bad for your diet. frown

#443428 - 08/05/13 09:19 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
txb Offline

Originally Posted By: king tut
Thanks Puffer, It didn't occur to me that stress could be responsible, but that makes some sense!

I went for a 13 mile walk yesterday, got a bus to a place and walked home from there. Decided to jog part of it at the start- bad idea. I twisted my left ankle, and before I knew it I was on the floor face down. When my left foot went I must have over compensated on my right side when I fell, so I have a big bruise on my right hip where I fell. I have grazes down the right side of my face- but it isn't actually that bad, mostly right side of my chin and near my right eye. I then had to hobble the last 10 miles home, taking me many hours. My left ankle is swollen. Epic fail.

That sounds bad. Hope your ankle is ok now. I read what you said about gaining fat and cutting your calories. Google bmr calculator - I think that stands for base metabolic rate? Something like that. It'll help you work out your own personal daily calorie intake, because the recommended one is just for an average person doing an average amount of activity every day. Whatever average is.

I'm back in after a minor hiccup.

#443503 - 08/06/13 11:00 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks txb, the fall really set me back (I sound like an old man lol), I've been so run down from it that I have had to have the past two days off work.

Hope it goes well for you!

I've just tried the calculator and calorie intake to maintain and lose weight, so I think I probably have been having about the right amount to maintain my weight, but then it says take off about 500 calories to lose fat- so I think I will do that (once i'm fully recovered- once my body has repaired itself enough).

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#443554 - 08/06/13 06:42 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

You know, why am I stupid enough to sometimes think I CANT get up early, when I've done so many other things in the past that are harder. Its bullshit, I've been bullshitting myself. My alarm is set, I will get up, I will exercise. I will exercise in the morning and the afternoon.

Lets do this!

#443664 - 08/07/13 07:15 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Exercise done smile

Bed time now

#443669 - 08/07/13 08:32 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I went for another one of my runs yesterday but forgot to post about it. My diet yesterday was good. No cheating. This morning I cheated and let myself have a chorizo breakfast burrito but I have been good the rest of the day. I went ahead and let today be the one day a week I take off from exercise. I wasn't originally going to do that but today was a horrible fucking day. Because of rain and traffic, my commute to work this morning was a 1 hr and 50 min nightmare. For the same reasons, my commute home was a 1 hr and 40 minute nightmare. So, I didn't exactly feel like doing anything when I got home tonight. I know, excuses, excuses, right? Oh well. I'll be back at it tomorrow. Peace,

Ken

#443670 - 08/07/13 08:38 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: BraveFalcon]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Oh, I forgot to mention, this week I made a commitment to start making my lunch sandwiches with wheat bread instead of white. For me, that's a pretty big step. I've always preferred white bread, since I was a kid, but wheat bread isn't so bad. Eating all my sandwiches on white, like anything else, is just a habit I have to break. I'm a big boy now. Time to start eating big boy bread.

Page 15 of 26 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 25 26 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.