Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
5 registered (learning2remember, don64, 3 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63408 Topics
443326 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 14 of 26 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 25 26 >
Topic Options
#442848 - 07/31/13 11:51 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
Dave PNW Offline

Loc: Pacific Northwest
I am recovering from a shoulder injury and working on getting back in shape. Have been working on this for a couple of weeks now. Today my usual breakfast musli and almond milk, Greek yogurt, banana. Lunch was turkey on whole wheat. Dinner was Thai green curry on rice. Workout was crunches, free weights, pull ups and dips, Tai chi for flexibility. 3000 meter swim. Dave

#442913 - 08/01/13 03:05 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Worked late, missed my bus, so have to wait for the 9.10pm bus home- crazy for buses to be spread out so far in time!!!

[Totally off-topic side-note: Feeling fairly stressed with my work (this is becoming like a diary lol)- it is not going well, feeling kind of abandoned in it too. Other people get lots of help and guidance, but I don't get any. I see people getting papers out and going to conferences and I have been doing this way longer and still I have nothing. Maybe my project is harder. Maybe it is me? Maybe I act like I know what i'm doing too much, maybe I don't ask for guidance- although I have tried, maybe I don't talk enough, maybe I don't try hard enough. I don't know. I have two supervisors, and I think each of them think the other one is supervising me. I bet that is what is going on. I just have to keep working, keep thinking, something will give. I need to work more late days- I think that's what I need to do.]

It will be about 10pm when I get home. It will then be a choice of eating or exercising. Or I could buy some beer.

Eat, Exercise or Beer. We'll see what happens.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#442934 - 08/01/13 06:46 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
A good day!

Breakfast: Cheerios and a banana; pb on wheat toast
AM snack: Greek yogurt

Lunch: Turkey and Swiss on wheat-saltine crackers

PM snack: Cliff bar, almonds and sunflower seeds

Dinner: grilled portabella mushroom burgers

Exercise: A fast 1000 yard swim with butterfly sprints.

I'll probably have pb on graham crackers and 2% milk as a late night snack.

I've unintentionally run a calorie deficit and seem to have lost 2 pounds since last Friday. I really don't want to gain or lose---esp. muscle mass.

I'm tired but satisfied.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#442947 - 08/01/13 09:05 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: Suwanee]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

My diet was good today. (Same as last few days.) I took the day off from exercise though. Haven't taken an exercise day off in over a week and had a lot to, so I figured I owed it to myself.

#443061 - 08/02/13 02:31 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Made it to yoga today. Then read the front page section of the NY Times in the sauna. Weighed in at 227 on the Y's scale.

For breakfast I had 2 cups of Starbucks coffee, after yoga I had an Adkins Diet-approved protein bar. I'm about to go make myself a big iceberg wedge salad with garden tomatoes and deli turkey and blue cheese dressing.

Went shopping for clothes yesterday, and was somewhat discouraged that I couldn't fit into what I wanted to fit into ... classic Cant dissociative issue where I think my body is smaller than it really is.

Cant

#443069 - 08/02/13 04:16 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

I've decided that every Friday is the day that I will increase reps. I'm thinking of increasing by 2 reps on every exercise each week. It doesn't sound like much, but I think it is because I push to get the last one done. In a few months it is the difference from going from 20 pull ups to 40, so I don't think it will be easy.

Today I had Weetabix for breakfast, peanuts for lunch (was busy), sausages as a snack (they were greasier than I expected), chilli con carne as dinner. My exercise will take place late tonight. I'm more of a late exerciser now.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#443084 - 08/02/13 06:32 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
For some reason I've felt awful today. I'm not sick, but I feel run-down. Maybe it was the company last week or the work stress.

I had a bacon egg and cheese biscuit---a rare thing---and it was almost too much because I felt sick after eating it.

Lunch was just a pb sandwich and some Bing cherries.

PM snack was a ptotein shake.

Exercise was weight lifting---more upper body dumbbell work.
Dinner: grilled bbq chicken sandwich, okra, squash and a beer. (Grilling chicken now)

Tired Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#443088 - 08/02/13 06:52 PM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: Suwanee]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Today I hit the gym early and did some cardio and an ab workout before work. My diet has been great all day, (same as the last few days), but tonight probably won't be. I was going to eat some turkey burgers that were in the freezer for dinner but after I defrosted them the turned to fucking mush. (WTF?) I don't have anything else diet-worthy around so I'll probably just ask my brother to bring some pizza home from work or something. Oh fucking well. I DO NOT want to go to the grocery store or even leave the house again today, so, fattening food it is. Fuck it. Peace,

Ken

#443122 - 08/03/13 08:37 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Today I did the following (I have increased the reps slightly- although on pull-ups I wasn't able to increase very much).

For some reason today my exercise took me twice as long as it usually does, although it is basically the same exercise. I think I was just thinking a lot.

1) pull-ups underhand (pull-up bar) 21R

2) leg raises horizontal (dip station) 22R

3) dips (dip station) 15R

4) knee-ups (dip station) 22R, 10R

5) weighted reverse crunches (ankle weights 10kg) 40R

6) weighted knee-ups (dip station, ankle weights 10kg) 17R

7) press-ups 27R, 10R

8) weights U/D (dumbbells 10kg) 18R, 9R per arm

9) weights UH (dumbbells 10kg) 20R, 10R per arm

10) pull-ups overhand (pull-up bar) 12R

#443123 - 08/03/13 08:40 AM Re: Exercise Motivation Team [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Also I think my fat is increasing around my stomach rather than decreasing! so I guess I am taking in too many calories (I must not need as much calories as an ordinary person).

To actually get rid of fat I need to take in less than the recommended daily calories- as I need to use my fat instead.

Page 14 of 26 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 25 26 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.