Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
5 registered (GT13568, highflight, Suwanee, 2 invisible), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63208 Topics
441975 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#438418 - 06/17/13 03:50 AM ...
Dave PNW Offline

Loc: Pacific Northwest

Edited by dw1972+ (06/21/13 06:12 PM)

#438438 - 06/17/13 09:43 AM Re: At Quaker Meeting This Morning [Re: Dave PNW]
DavoSwim Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa, USA
Dave
This is a wonderful post. I admire the strength it took to write this and put your innermost soul on display for the group.

I am really inspired by your writing. I can identify so much with your story and I see many aspects of my own childhood. I often fight the feeling that I'm weak and worthless and brought on my abuse. Somehow I wanted it and asked for it.

You have helped me so much with this. It's so timely as well, as though you understand that so many of us need to hear this.

Good luck to you with your story and your healing. Thank you again for writing.

Dave

#438468 - 06/17/13 03:09 PM Re: At Quaker Meeting This Morning [Re: Dave PNW]
toddop Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Dave,
Thanks for posting this. I have recently gone through a similar experience with reclaiming my inner child and what he went through. It has really altered my perceptions of what I thought about the little me and the adult me.

It is validating to see you on the same journey, and it furthers my resolve to forge on ahead.

Todd

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
-Albert Einstein

#438490 - 06/17/13 07:35 PM Re: At Quaker Meeting This Morning [Re: Dave PNW]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
I am so moved by your story of the flashback and where it occurred. And I actually cried when you shared that wife was on one side, and your wise and gentle f-n-law on the other.

I am close in my journey to where you are as well. Truly beginning to feel. And in small doses, ever seemingly to peel away the protective layers one at time, only as I can handle. Thank you for this post. As the others have stated, it is strengthening to know someone else is close to the same stage in dealing with the abuse, seeing things more clearly for what they actually are, and determined to emerge into a new reality. You have made some numbness subside tonight and I cry. TY.
b.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.